Dave Blackwell

Please add any Naval Obituaries in this section
jbryce1437

Dave Blackwell

Unread post by jbryce1437 »

Just heard, by way of his step daughter, of the passing of Dave Blackwell, who was a moderator on the old WNSF.
We served together on HMS Undaunted c1969. After he left the RN he moved to the USA and worked on the railroad there. He had a subscription to The Times newspaper and would often post historical stories from their archives on Naval matters.

RIP Dave

RIP Shippers.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
JEM, EM, OEM, LOEM, POOEL
Then 28 years in the Fire Brigade
Retired since 2002
Little h

Re: Dave Blackwell

Unread post by Little h »

RIP former WNSF Hon Mod 'Texas' Dave (as I used to call him).
Little h
ivorthediver

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Just seen this , and saddened by its content , bless him , a lot of water has passed since we last heard from him ........ yet another one of the old Gang crossed the bar ......RIP .
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
DaveH

Unread post by DaveH »

Wpw . That is a blow . I have been emailing Texas from time to time but with no replies . He was a good buddy on the old WNSF and I remember well his taste for Newfie Stew at the old Wardroom Bar . Rest in Peace old mate and may the winds pass gently over your safe harbour .
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Naval Obituaries”