New River class patrol boat HMS Cambs ?

Building a model? Need help with it? Show the work in progress or the completed project, etc.
jbryce1437

Re: New River class patrol boat HMS Cambs ?

Unread post by jbryce1437 »

Hope they are a good fit, but with your skills you will make them work ;-)

Jim
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
JEM, EM, OEM, LOEM, POOEL
Then 28 years in the Fire Brigade
Retired since 2002
ivorthediver

Unread post by ivorthediver »

How well you know me Jim :)

Heard today that my new V.P. Prop's won't be here until next Wednesday earliest :( .....

Sited the new prop shafts today and they are a decent pair [ made in Portsmouth] and are fitted with bronze bearings in a brass casing and then fitted the engine mounts , universal joints and motors , so all ready for the props to complete the drive train , then the job of making and aligning the rudders which I need the props for to allow spacing to operate the rudders correctly

Once that is completed I can determine where the batteries will be placed to gain the best trim of the hull , and then finish off the fixtures- fittings and " Wildcat" Helicopter so things should begin to accelerate soon ........
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
ivorthediver

Well today went well and although it may not look like much progress has been made things are at last gaining momentum .

Here is the latest that the computer has agreed with the Forum to upload so hope it travels well :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ivorthediver

Well the props arrived yesterday and I made and fitted the rudder today and added a few more fittings so hope to prime her and wire her up and if very lucky take her to the lake side on Sunday ..... to ballast her out...... and perhaps do a basin trial if all works to plan :roll:
ivorthediver

Not finished yet but getting closer each day , now and replaced the original motors fitted , as they were no where near powerful enough , now it has plenty of punch and you will see if you look close enough she has more teeth with ten missile packs in front of the bridge [ well we have frequent attacks by Fen Tigers on the Camb :roll:

Hope to get the radar motors working soon then she will be completed [ until the next issue of course ] .......
ivorthediver

I am confused as I posted a couple of posts with pictures which dont seem to be here ?

Here is the last photo I posted a few days ago
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Little h

Unread post by Little h »

ivorthediver wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:37 pm I am confused as I posted a couple of posts with pictures which dont seem to be here ?

BZ ITD

An observation ... your white ensign flying on forecastle where the jack should be ;)

An oversight I don't doubt old bean ... but should be flying from ensign staff aft or from a truck or halyard on the mast yardarms.
Little h
jbryce1437

Unread post by jbryce1437 »

ivorthediver wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:37 pm I am confused as I posted a couple of posts with pictures which dont seem to be here ?

Looking good Ivor. Dark nights are in so might need some navigation lights ;-)

Jim
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
JEM, EM, OEM, LOEM, POOEL
Then 28 years in the Fire Brigade
Retired since 2002
ivorthediver

Little h wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:14 pm

BZ ITD

An observation ... your white ensign flying on forecastle where the jack should be ;)

An oversight I don't doubt old bean ... but should be flying from ensign staff aft or from a truck or halyard on the mast yardarms.
Duly noted Harry but trying to empty sloop chest , not an excuse.... just tight fisted

Was going to fit to mainmast originally but thats the first thing to snap whilst in transit :oops:
ivorthediver

jbryce1437 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:18 pm

Looking good Ivor. Dark nights are in so might need some navigation lights ;-)

Jim
Fitted them yesterday but as I said photo uploaded a couple of days previously but disappeared into the mists of time ;) but if you look closer they are fitted and working on the wildcat along with rota ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Model Makers Section”