Ex Wardrobe members

Want some off topic chat? Pull up a bar stool and make yourself at home here
ivorthediver

Ex Wardrobe members

Unread post by ivorthediver »

I had occasion to speak to a close friend recently who holds the distinct honour of being a founder member of this August [ or maybe Septenarium ] former meeting place of retired Naval personal referred to as the Wardrobe .

Members of this sanctuary on the previous forum will recall the crew who of their own volition manned [ and indeed one or two lady crew member's ] daily followed this bedraggled crew across the oceans of liability to distant shores and some even came back . :o

We had a regular following and enjoyed many adventures with the promise of fresh berths on the eagerly awaited QE 2 carrier ......happy days with many a belly laugh at the antics and dilemmas " All in the best possible taste " with many a lamp swinging session emerging from members memories aided by fictitious AB's making up the crew manifest :lol:

Should enough of you wish to revisit this" Mary Celeste of mirth " I will willingly refit the tiller and shove off again ....I know of at least two who would welcome the voyage of discovery again .........I often wonder how the "Bishop" is doing now days bless him .....let the jaunty know and we will get a roster made up of who's present and correct :roll:
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
DaveH

Re: Ex Wardrobe members

Unread post by DaveH »

El Tel , dustin' orft der Lectric String Frypan 'n planting der Beetroot , reportin' fer Duty wen redi . Der Shak is inda usual state of 'face 'n swing' .
ivorthediver

Re: Ex Wardrobe members

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Good grief , thank god for that I thought we would have to contact the dockyard and get their Rum Rat catchers in to clear the lower decks and confiscate any discarded foodstuffs left around by the last muster now where is No 1 .......never around when you need him .....probably out with the jaunty kicking arse .

Now then EL TELL [ are you sure he is not of Arabian extract with a name like that perhaps" el Lawrence of Tasmania " as he is always flashing his money around and strutting around in his tailored snug fitting suits ] I request and require you to submit a status report of your department , to include any spares and replacement your department may require and I will submit it through the normal channels for approval , and while your about it you better check with your Opo and find out if we need an Antenna upgrade or is he aloft with the fairies on the upper works pray .

If you need me I will either be in my suite or chasing up the catering branch and see what mess thats in [ hmmmm might have cracked a witticism then by Jove hey what . :roll: ]
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “The Wardroom”