Deserving Causes

Want some off topic chat? Pull up a bar stool and make yourself at home here
Pelican

Deserving Causes

Unread post by Pelican »

Re-open empty Army Barracks for Homeless Ex Serviceman

Please everyone sign this. There are ex servicemen on our streets. The Army Barracks are sitting empty not being used! If they open them, they will have a roof over their head, somewhere safe to sleep, they can maintain the upkeep and anyone suffering with stress disorder can help each other. No one who served for our country deserves to be failed by the system

OVER TO ALL OF YOU ~ GO TO:
http://chng.it/2MTJLDXh4w

[Tim put me on to the above, I've forwarded to various Groups etc. with a total membership of over 6.5k. We can but try.]
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Karen

Re: Deserving Causes

Unread post by Karen »

Signed and shared on FB 🤞👍
There’s Nothing A British Boy Cannot Do
jbryce1437

Unread post by jbryce1437 »

I am sure that if they can accommodate people paddling across the English Channel in three star hotels, they could do the same for our former brothers at arms who have hit hard times or even offer them four star accommodation. Signed.

Jim
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
JEM, EM, OEM, LOEM, POOEL
Then 28 years in the Fire Brigade
Retired since 2002
ivorthediver

Unread post by ivorthediver »

couldn't agree more Jim ;)
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

SAILORS SOCIETY

Hundreds of thousands of seafarers remain stuck at sea during the pandemic
Months maybe but over a year? !
https://www.itv.com/news/meridian/2020- ... e-pandemic
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
jbryce1437

Unread post by jbryce1437 »

Pelican wrote: ↑Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:11 pm SAILORS SOCIETY

I use the Marine Traffic site regularly and it is amazing how many ships are anchored around our coastline with no work - many of them cruise ships off Southampton, off Bournemouth, Weymouth Bay, Torbay, etc.

Jim
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
JEM, EM, OEM, LOEM, POOEL
Then 28 years in the Fire Brigade
Retired since 2002
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

jbryce1437 wrote: ↑Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:11 pm
Pelican wrote: ↑Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:11 pm SAILORS SOCIETY

I use the Marine Traffic site regularly and it is amazing how many ships are anchored around our coastline with no work - many of them cruise ships off Southampton, off Bournemouth, Weymouth Bay, Torbay, etc.

Jim
Yes Jim you see them in the background of some news reports.
The Americans tried resuming cruises but:

Cruise Lines Ready to Restart with Trial Cruises, First Attempt Sees Shipboard Outbreak

Would you volunteer to go on a cruise ship again? Apparently, tens of thousands are eager to do so. One of the first trial cruises in the Caribbean did not go well.

The Center for Disease Control (CDCC) lifted its “No-Sail” order on cruise lines calling on US ports as of the end of last month. This does not mean, however, a return to business as usual. The CDCs is providing a “framework for conditional sailing” that requires cruise lines to run “simulated voyages” designed “to replicate real-world onboard conditions of cruising if they want to get permission to recommence regularly scheduled sailings.

CNN reports that the CDC framework also requires simulated cruise voyages to meet a series of requirements — including that passengers are informed in writing “that they are participating in a simulation of unproven and untested health and safety protocols” and, as mentioned earlier, “that sailing during a pandemic is an inherently risky activity.”

Continues at:
http://www.oldsaltblog.com/2020/11/crui ... -outbreak/
ivorthediver

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Just wish I was in a position to be able to take my woman on one .......God knows she deserves it , but don't think she's as keen..... as she likes to see the bank close by , she loved the trip over in Portugal , but the banks could be seen ....even through my drunken haze , and then being delivered to more vineyards and being invited to drink more.......it had my vote ;)
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “The Wardroom”