Communications Establishments

Post anything relating to Communications on this thread
Pelican

Communications Establishments

Unread post by Pelican »

We are trying to identify the location of the establishment shown in the first photo, [the one with the WRNS] attached.
Any assistance would be appreciated.

The following refers:
"Hello I have some pictures attached which might be of interest to you, they are from my great uncle Arthur (Pat) Edwards who attended circa 1939-40 the photographs have only recently come to light as they were kept hidden away after his death in 1944.
Uncle Arthur D/JX 162712 was a signalman and served aboard HMS Prince of Wales.
When it was sunk on 10th December 1941 he was rescued and taken to Australia on arrival there he discovered the key for the signal box was still in his pocket, this ordinary looking brass key and his medals were also amongst the artifacts of his which were kept along with the pictures. He was later assigned to the frigate HMS Whitaker, tragically on the 1st November 1944 he was killed t the age of 21 when it was struck by 2 torpedoes from U-483.
I hope you find them off interest."

Maybe there is a clue here in the attached pdf.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Re: Communications Establishments

Unread post by Pelican »

Search results in respect of the previous post have turned up the attached, see page 19 and Glen Holt - https://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item ... /205157465
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Communications”