Frigates: Anzac Class

Add your posts about the Australian Navy in this section
Pelican

Re: Frigates: Anzac Class

Unread post by Pelican »

HMAS Perth is the featured ship in the Anzac-class Ship Brief.

The Royal Australian Navy (RAN) operates Anzac-class frigates, which are known as fast frigates. These frigates are a class of warships designed for multiple roles, including anti-submarine warfare, anti-aircraft warfare, and surface combat. The Anzac-class frigates were built by Tenix Defence Systems (now BAE Systems Australia) in the late 1990s and early 2000s, with the lead ship being HMAS Anzac.

See - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcy3Ez53K3U - LFT
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Brian James

Unread post by Brian James »

Anzac Class Frigate HMAS Ballarat...June 6th 2006.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Brian James

Lead Ship, Frigate HMAS Anzac conducts a light line transfer with Pohang Class Corvette BRP Conrado Yap during Exercise LUMBAS as part of a regional presence deployment, June 17th, 2023.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

BAE Systems Australia

Mast-ered it!
HMAS Ballarat recently received a brand new mast — that will provide its sailors with new L-Band high power active phase array radar, and an integrated ‘friend and foe’ capability. Ballarat is the 7th Anzac class ship — out of a total of 8 — undergoing the Anzac Midlife Capability Assurance Program (AMCAP) through the Warship Asset Management Agreement (WAMA) at the Henderson shipyard.
The last mast — for HMAS Parramatta — has been consolidated and is currently being fitted out. The build team are now pivoting to the proof-of-concept for the Hunter class frigate mast, which is planned to start later this year.
See photos at - https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=763 ... 1735804426
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Brian James

Anzac Class Frigate HMAS Perth in the ol' grey/green livery.
Brian James

Lead Ship, General purpose Frigate HMAS Anzac.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Workforce crisis threatens to put two more Anzac frigates out of service

Defence is looking at mothballing up to two more of the navy’s frontline Anzac-class frigates as crippling crew shortages undermine the nation’s military capabilities.
Senior leadership has ordered navy fleet command to provide advice on the impact of pulling a further one or two Anzac frigates out of the water indefinitely.
The move follows Defence’s decision in November, revealed by The Australian, to put first-of-class frigate HMAS Anzac on hard stands at Western Australia’s Henderson shipyard.
It’s understood shortages of navy-qualified marine and electrical engineers are acute, with the vessels unable to go to sea without sufficient personnel in the key roles.
The nation’s most potent warships – the Hobart-class air warfare destroyers – are also suffering crewing issues due to a shortage of combat system operators.
Continues at - https://archive.is/eyumh#selection-349.5-381.157
Brian James

Anzac Class Frigate HMAS Warramunga...Pacific Ocean, April 9th 2024.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Australian Navy”