FAA Museum - Yeovilton

Use this section for Royal Naval Air Stations (RNAS) past and present
Pelican

FAA Museum - Yeovilton

Unread post by Pelican »

Harrier Jump Jet For Sale

A very rare aircraft. Only 46 of the first-generation Harrier Jump Jet trainers were ever built. None are flying today. This is the only one in private hands that is anywhere near capable of flight and is undergoing inspection for completion.

The Harrier Jump Jet is being sold by courtesyaircraft.com and is virtually complete, with spares. The cockpits are pristine. The front cockpit is virtually identical to the single-seat Sea Harrier, as this was the Sea Harrier trainer.

There are many possible uses for this aircraft including: airshows, training, flight experiences, military contract work, advertising and promotional work.

Continues with photos and interesting details at:
https://www.warhistoryonline.com/war-ar ... ZW2mlr60To
Note: For complete details, contact Mark Clark at 815-229-5112. courtesyaircraft.com
See - http://courtesyaircraft.com/
[A pity it cannot be purchased for the F.A.A. Museum, Yeovilton via a Lottery grant and a universal fund raising appeal.]
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
ivorthediver

Re: FAA Musem - Yeovilton

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Well I know Im preaching to the converted David , but the maintenance costs , let alone the acquisition costs , to keep it airworthy would be very steep and with the Jet crash at Shoreham ...jets at English Airshows are the kiss of death if in private hands that is ,
so not sure you could get the funding at present .

There were 2 private flying groups based at Duxford so that would be where I would start David , although they are piston aircraft mainly , the airfield flys many privately owned jets who have links with Duxford .

They had all this before trying to fund the Vulcan so not sure how lucky you would be and its many years since I helped out there on restoration .....but hey they have very strong IWM connections ?
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Royal Naval Air Stations (RNAS)”