HMS Charger P292 Archer class Patrol boat

Building a model? Need help with it? Show the work in progress or the completed project, etc.
jbryce1437

Re: HMS Charger P292 Archer class Patrol boat

Unread post by jbryce1437 »

Looking good Ivor and nice to see that the hull has found a new life.

Jim
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
JEM, EM, OEM, LOEM, POOEL
Then 28 years in the Fire Brigade
Retired since 2002
ivorthediver

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Thanks Jim , pleased to say the club sail [ by appointment only ] will be on so I am looking forward to breaking out of lockdown and trialing the vessel :D

So at this rate I will either be very happy with the trial or dredging the waters edge for a sunken hulk :cry: .
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
ivorthediver

Well went down to the lake today , and managed to get off the shoreline only to have a prop linage shear, but no big deal I will send off for another and fit it ad go out again soon , but what distance I managed went well
jbryce1437

Pleased to see the float test went well Ivor, albeit a small mechanical problem. No doubt you will sort that out before the next session.

Jim
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
Retired since 2002
Little h

Unread post by Little h »

Yep; good to read of satisfactory test run albeit accompanied by the small incident.
Little h
ivorthediver

Thanks lads for your kindness , but partly my own fault for not double checking , but it came as a complete item so that it was a good bet having never been used before by anyone :oops: ....lesson now learnt :oops: .but the project floated well and was very stable in its brief transit [ really peed off as I totalled the projected power take up and fused the main switchboard with a 25% buffer only for it to blow the fuse .... as it was under load and struggling to turn the Kort/prop shaft , but another lessen learnt eh

New fuses fitted and correct threaded drive coupling ordered :oops:

Watch this space .........for it will soon be rectified :shock:
ivorthediver

Well lots of progress today but still awaiting the drive coupling to enable me to go down to the lake :evil:
Ordered over a week ago and now told might be here Monday :roll:
ivorthediver

AT LAST THEY FINALLY GOT HERE .........Now to get them fitted ..........I will keep you posted soon
ivorthediver

Between showers I managed to dive out for one picture of current progress, but fighting gremlins in the sound system which whilst a tad premature , whilst waiting to get to the water [ Sunday] just tweaking the boat .......opps another thunderstorm just hit us :shock:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jbryce1437

ivorthediver wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:42 pm Between showers I managed to dive out for one picture of current progress, but fighting gremlins in the sound system which whilst a tad premature , whilst waiting to get to the water [ Sunday] just tweaking the boat .......opps another thunderstorm just hit us :shock:
Looka good Ivor, I hope you have a lightning conductor fitted :-)

Jim
Retired since 2002
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Model Makers Section”