HMS Charger P292 Archer class Patrol boat

Building a model? Need help with it? Show the work in progress or the completed project, etc.
jbryce1437

Re: HMS Charger P292 Archer class Patrol boat

Unread post by jbryce1437 »

Some photos of the class

HMS%20Biter[1].jpg
hms archer at buckie after re-fit.jpg
HMS%20Blazer[1].jpg
hms blazer in re-fit at southampton.jpg
HMS Charger.jpg
HMS%20Dasher[1].jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
JEM, EM, OEM, LOEM, POOEL
Then 28 years in the Fire Brigade
Retired since 2002
Little h

Unread post by Little h »

See also these images; screen captured from a short video on twitter - with good details of the flying bridge layout.

(clicking on images gives clear definition)
Screenshot (6625).png
Screenshot (6626).png
Screenshot (6627).png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Little h
Little h

See also existing thread on the class in the Royal Navy forum titled RN Patrol Vessels: Archer Class P2000 many provided by Hon Mod Jim.
Little h
ivorthediver

Unread post by ivorthediver »

What can I say Harry :o .....other than the secret Squirrel saved my nuts again !

Having now seen these pictures I can see this being a bit like the build for HMS Troubridge given the detail to be made and the scale, but at least I had the hull lines to suit where as the hull lines here aren't as streamlined those of HMS CHARGER , however it should present a stand off representation ,and as luck would have it the drive train and motor size lends itself well ;)

Well at least I now know what I'm dealing with but the aft c of g could be difficult :o

Thank you Jim for moving things into the correct place under the right heading [ and all whilst I was quietly panicking ] so a huge thank you all for helping me to attempt the impossible , so lets see how much of a hash I can make of this challenge baring in mind we are building a fast patrol boat from a fishing vessel hull with a single motor, not twin Rolls motors .....hey ho ......such is life :roll:
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
ivorthediver

I cant thank you lads enough , but there is one photo that I haven't seen yet which would complete the basic info and thats the aft end of the bridge which presumably shows the sighting compass behind the bridge coxswain and the immediate top of the aft ladder access which would be very useful indeed please :oops: and if you can the rear mast detail between the funnel configuration where the two derricks used to recover / launch the Gemini would be BZ

I have enjoyed myself today now that I know what I am building and we now have the motor in and the servo linage for the Kort drive and the battery compartment
ivorthediver

Little h wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 9:26 pm ITD, some absolutely excellent incredibly close up views of Charger and other Archer Class vessels as you scroll down a little way past HMS Scott in the link to ussalbion.co.uk/navyfleet website titled as follows:-

Present Royal Navy fleet list:
All photos are copyright to Adrian Jones, and may only be reused with appropriate acknowledgement.

I think you will find them invaluable in your build
Can you let me into the secret of capturing images to work from harry as I am unable to print from the website sadly :oops: :oops:
Little h

I'm using Windows 8.1 and normal way I save images to my laptop is to scroll over the image I want to save, right click and a drop down menu offers me options, and I can opt to 'view image' or 'save image as...' - if I choose view image I get another option to view a larger version of the image - if I choose save image as... I (normally) only get the image size as shown on the website but either way I manage to save the/an image to my chosen file/folder on laptop.

I have tried said versions on the linked site and they save fine.

If it is a screen capture/screendump you require then I suspect your Apple system will be somewhat different to Windows.
Little h
ivorthediver

Well in the hands of a competent educated nurd I am sure my Apple system could perform , but alas its lumbered with a idiot who needs a hand book to understand a handbook :oops: .
On the downside idiots like me are easy to spot , even under a fair grasp of the English language , but dyslexic half wits struggle..... believe me mate ....

On the good side... give me a practical problem... and I'm your man ;) even if my results are what I expect them to be.... not necessarily what they expect ....... clever people tend to keep quiet :) ..... :oops:

My solution to this issue was....... to get my iPhone..... and take a picture of the item concerned off the screen ......upload the photo to my iMac from my iPhone.....
and then print it off :D .............yes...... I thank you for trying to help me Harry but I tend to look for the easiest solution when faced with an issue like todays ......thou I'm sure yours is better and quicker and even "Greener" ....but daft old sods like me tend to think outside the box and usually F..k the system up ...but sum times like today I get a result .........eventually that is . :oops:

My sincere thanks for trying to help me and for showing me your kindness .....I'm very grateful that you took the time mate :)
ivorthediver

Little h wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 9:47 pm I'm using Windows 8.1 and normal way I save images to my laptop is to scroll over the image I want to save, right click and a drop down menu offers me options, and I can opt to 'view image' or 'save image as...' - if I choose view image I get another option to view a larger version of the image - if I choose save image as... I (normally) only get the image size as shown on the website but either way I manage to save the/an image to my chosen file/folder on laptop.

I have tried said versions on the linked site and they save fine.

If it is a screen capture/screendump :o you require then I suspect your Apple system will be somewhat different to Windows.
I've never had a Screen Dump , but have been to a few smelly cinemas , do they count :?...........if anyone starts talking about Cut and Paste I ring for the rozzers and then the undertaker

You can take a horse to water but can't make it drink .....and before you get violent ....I wear a cricket box if felt threatened :cry:
Little h

ivorthediver wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 10:16 pm Well in the hands of a competent educated nurd I am sure my Apple system could perform , but alas its lumbered with a idiot who needs a hand book to understand a handbook :oops: .
On the downside idiots like me are easy to spot , even under a fair grasp of the English language , but dyslexic half wits struggle..... believe me mate ....

On the good side... give me a practical problem... and I'm your man ;) even if my results are what I expect them to be.... not necessarily what they expect ....... clever people tend to keep quiet :) ..... :oops:

My solution to this issue was....... to get my iPhone..... and take a picture of the item concerned off the screen ......upload the photo to my iMac from my iPhone.....
and then print it off
:D .............yes...... I thank you for trying to help me Harry but I tend to look for the easiest solution when faced with an issue like todays ......thou I'm sure yours is better and quicker and even "Greener" ....but daft old sods like me tend to think outside the box and usually F..k the system up ...but sum times like today I get a result .........eventually that is . :oops:

My sincere thanks for trying to help me and for showing me your kindness .....I'm very grateful that you took the time mate :)

ITD you've described a perfectly fine solution; except I'm left trying to fathom why the need for a print off ... if the image is on the iMac then why not take the iMac to the shipyard and view the various images whilst still having the ability to zoom in or enlarge various features on the image. Just a thought matey.
Little h
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Model Makers Section”