Forest Moor

Use this section for UK Naval Shore Bases and Naval Air Stations
Pelican

Forest Moor

Unread post by Pelican »

FOREST MOOR

From David Nicholls
"See the long stone wall from the Op block front left to the accommodation block, middle right. That's a Yorkshire dry stone wall. A local spent months repairing it. As the minibus went by in the morning all the sparkers would call out "Morning Adrian". As the wall neared completion the skipper thought he aught to thank him. So he stopped his car and said "Splendid job, thank you Adrian". To which the stone mason replied, "my name is Rupert, I don't know why they call me Adrian"."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
DaveH

Re: FOREST MOOR

Unread post by DaveH »

I guess it was a pun Dave . Matelot humour at it's best . Adrian all same Building a wall "Hadrians"
ivorthediver

Re: Forest Moor

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Can't help but agree there Dave , but what were sparkers being taught there please ;) , or was it more a case of a "Whaling Wall" .....by upset ratings perhaps :roll:
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
Little h

Re: Forest Moor

Unread post by Little h »

ivorthediver wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:30 pm Can't help but agree there Dave , but what were sparkers being taught there please ;) , or was it more a case of a "Whaling Wall" .....by upset ratings perhaps :roll:
Ivor, take a look at several posts I made in Items of Interest to all Sections of the Branch page 8; in the General Military, Air Force and Civilian Support Topics setion; Communications forum.

See:-
Post by Little h » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:49 pm
Note; the former HMS Forest Moor now The Defence High Frequency Communications Service (DHFCS) on an adjacent site.

plus several subsequent posts
Little h
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “UK Naval Bases Past and Present - Royal Navy”