RN Fleet Air Arm: General

Add your posts about the Naval Aircraft in this section
Pelican

Re: RN Fleet Air Arm: General

Unread post by Pelican »

HMS Ark Royal 1978
DVD rip of 8mm cine film, courtesy of Peter Ritchie, HMS Ark Royal's Flight Deck Engineer Officer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnW-6fX ... ZeJOuQGLZ6
Sadly Peter Ritchie recently CTB.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Brian James

Unread post by Brian James »

Hawker Osprey pictured on County Class Heavy Cruiser HMS Sussex on December 20th 1935.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

HISTORIC FLIGHT TRANSFER TO NAVY WINGS

After almost 50 years displaying and demonstrating our naval aviation heritage the Royal Navy Historic Flight stood down today (1972-2019)
Over the next few months, responsibility for maintaining and flying the aircraft is expected to transfer to the charity Navy Wings, securing their long-term future flying as civilian rather than military aircraft. As the Flight stands down, all those Service and civilian personnel who have served and worked with such commitment and dedication to keep the aircraft flying over the past 48 years can be proud of their success and achievement. We salute you!
Among the collection is the Seahawk and Sea Fury FBII (pictured) both aircraft are currently awaiting maintenance to restore it to airworthy condition.

See - https://www.facebook.com/FAAHistory/?__ ... Wo8UzzimcA
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Brian James

HMS Ark Royal pictured during Exercise Joint Warrior 3, March 2010.
Brian James

806 NAS Hawker Sea Hawk pictured on HMS Eagle in 1954....*Note the Westland Wyvern in the background.
Brian James

HMS Eagle c1966.
Brian James

Severe Arachnophobia!
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

HISTORICAL PHOTOS & INFO

Plenty of it here - https://www.facebook.com/FAAHistory/
Brian James

A nice piece of RN F-4K Phantom art..don't ask me who the artist is.
Brian James

HMS Hermes....1967.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Aircraft and Aircraft Squadrons of the Fleets”