RN Fleet Air Arm: General

Add your posts about the Naval Aircraft in this section
Little h

Re: RN Fleet Air Arm: General

Unread post by Little h »

Ark Royal (R09) FLYEX's en-route north from Freemantle WA during last week December 1965.

My final attachment associated with the activity described above.

Half of our team snapped 'goofing' on the Ark Royal; the jet efflux/jet blast/jet engine(s) exhaust from the fixed wing aircraft causing me a bit of a bad hair day :oops:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Little h
Little h

Little h wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:48 pm
DaveH wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:44 am Nice ones Harry . That would have been on her way home being relieved by us on Hermes .......
DaveH
Yeh Dave, Ark Royal sailed up the west coast of Sumatra whilst we embarked on a Leander and sailed past Krakatau through Lombok Straits to exercise Freedom of Navigation - Confrontation and all that!
Correction; should read and sailed past Krakatau through the Sunda Strait :oops: wot a terrible mistake-ah-to-make-ah!
Little h
DaveH

Unread post by DaveH »

WE promise not to let you loose on the charts when the 'War Conoe' sets sail :o We will stick to facing and swinging in the Shak ;)

DaveH [aka El Tel]
Little h

DaveH wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:26 pm WE promise not to let you loose on the charts when the 'War Conoe' sets sail :o We will stick to facing and swinging in the Shak ;)

DaveH [aka El Tel]
No worries about me on the charts me olde Ch.Tel.!! - twas naught but a bit of fingas v brain trouble ... had just been reading about the 1964 Aug-Sept escapade about Victorious (R38), where she transited Sunda Strait en route Australia and her intended return to Singapore was to be via Sunda Strait again - the eventual compromise agreed upon was that she would transit the Lombok Strait for this passage. That, together with the volcanic activity and earthquakes on Lombok Island addled me grey matter .... and that is what I'm sticking to Chief. ;)
Little h
DaveH

Unread post by DaveH »

Any excuse not heard before is accepted . Case Dismissed , On Cap , Right Turn , Quick [on account of yer age] March ;)
limeybiker

Unread post by limeybiker »

Barbecue on the Victorious. The Firefly was a gift from the Australians and brought back on the Victorious, The first phantom, and Skyraider
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  • Up Spirits
    It’s Tot Time
    somewhere in the World
Yours Aye
Barry and Sharon Lockyer
Sunny Ocala, FL 34476 USA
http://www.barrylockyer.com/[/b]
designeraccd

Unread post by designeraccd »

Going back several decades, here is the apparently final picture of the CV GLORIOUS wearing camo. DFO
designeraccd

The ARK ROYAL's flight deck had some interesting non-jet warbirds back in 1957! Apparently wind over deck was not a concern. :) DFO
ivorthediver

Unread post by ivorthediver »

This will provoke some response I'm quite sure Dennis , and when you think of the cost of these as against what they now used , you could nearly build another old carrier at the price they cost then as against now :shock:

I.E. Seafury v Lightening 2 :?:
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
designeraccd

Plus the Sea Fury was very good at its job!!! Rather neat looking ol bird, too; rather like the BIG "Spad" was for our services!! Also a very effective, deadly warbird; one even managed to down a jet Mig over N. Viet Nam :o

I saw plenty of them in and out of DaNang in Nam. DFO
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Aircraft and Aircraft Squadrons of the Fleets”