Coronavirus what next

Want some off topic chat? Pull up a bar stool and make yourself at home here
ivorthediver

Re: Coronavirus what next

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Ah those were the days Jim ........never did find out if the fuel tanks had been partitioned off to accommodate the er " elicit stills" the Chief Stoker [ bless him= our dear Sandy ...may he rest in peace ..... ;) used to brag about . God I miss that crew of pee taking matloes we managed to scrape together on our flagship and our world cruise and our hard pressed canteen manageress dear "Missy" ........she used to get some stick bless her :cry: but a gifted orator who gave as good as she got ...hope she is alright since the passage of time lapsed ;)

About as close to the "Navy Larks" as you could get before "infringement of copyright" I felt , and just what we need in this " confined to quarters " scenario we sustain at present

We seem to get the odd bit of good news only to be sunk in more doom and gloom , but were BRITISH and we can all rise above that cant we mates .... :roll:
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
jbryce1437

Unread post by jbryce1437 »

Yes Ivor, I miss the input from Missy, sharp of wit and great company, I hope she, and her family, are all safe and well.

Jim
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
JEM, EM, OEM, LOEM, POOEL
Then 28 years in the Fire Brigade
Retired since 2002
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Pam A.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
ivorthediver

Sorry David, I know I'm not the brightest but what is this please :?:
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

ivorthediver wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 10:35 pm Sorry David, I know I'm not the brightest but what is this please :?:
Ivor if you click on the attachment it will download to your box of tricks and then you can click on it and read it, a Pam Ayres dit - Ok?
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
ivorthediver

Ahhhhh dear Pam remember her well and loved her local derelict [ :idea: now I will show my ignorance .....Somerset ]

I will try again as I got the list but no action from them , so will try harder .... :oops:
ivorthediver

No still no joy , so will finish me tot and get in me hammock :oops: ........good night
jbryce1437

Unread post by jbryce1437 »

ivorthediver wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 10:57 pm No still no joy , so will finish me tot and get in me hammock :oops: ........good night
I also had problems with the file. It was in rtf (rich text format), so I converted it to a Word document, re spaced the lines to single line then saved it as a PDF file, imported it into Photoshop and saved it as a jpeg image, which I have attached. Hope you will be able to read that and have a smile :lol: .

Jim

pam ayres.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
JEM, EM, OEM, LOEM, POOEL
Then 28 years in the Fire Brigade
Retired since 2002
Little h

Unread post by Little h »

jbryce1437 wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 2:11 pm
I also had problems with the file. It was in rtf (rich text format), so I converted it to a Word document, re spaced the lines to single line then saved it as a PDF file, imported it into Photoshop and saved it as a jpeg image, which I have attached. Hope you will be able to read that and have a smile :lol: .

Jim
Curiouser & Curiouser Hon Mod Jim

David/Pelican's rtf Rich Text Format attachment opened just fine for me in Office 360 as a Word 2013 file on the first time of asking.

As ITD might say ... strange stuff is all this electrikory malarky :)
Little h
ivorthediver

Thank you both for doing the honours gents , I'm sure my Apple set up could do all that in the hands of a competent " Silver Surfer" , but a-lass I'm not so gifted as that :oops:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “The Wardroom”