The Crows Nest Camera

Post here about the Imperial War Museum and its exhibits
Pelican

Re: The Crows Nest Camera

Unread post by Pelican »

Flag signal flown by HMS BELFAST - Which reads - THANK YOU NHS

Comment from Tim:
"Well done to the NHS I believe? I heard they were going to do it, I wish they would hurry up and decide on opening the Camera link, if you look hard at this photo you can see the starboard main yard on the foremast, the camera is mounted just above that on the nav radar platform, you can just make it out at the top of the picture, looks like a little ball on the end of a banana! Great view tho."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
ivorthediver

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Brilliant effort lads , does this mean Tim is self isolating in the Wardroom pantry ;)
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
timlewin

Unread post by timlewin »

the door is locked from the inside, wake me up when its all over!
ivorthediver

I had a sneaking suspicion you may have Tim , keep your self safe my friend , and let me know if you run dry in their :roll:
timlewin

the crowsnest camera also works at night from which there are some amazing views of London; the view of HMS President might confuse some, this the the London @Office@ and is the building with the 3 whit squares, I included this as sometimes there are smaller RN ships alongside. Depending on the state of the tide, the rise and fall is more than 20 feet, you get rather different aspects of the view.
timlewin

the crowsnest camera also works at night from which there are some amazing views of London; the view of HMS President might confuse some, this the the London @Office@ and is the building with the 3 whit squares, I included this as sometimes there are smaller RN ships alongside. Depending on the state of the tide, the rise and fall is more than 20 feet, you get rather different aspects of the view.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
timlewin

the rest………..
timlewin

bit more...
ivorthediver

Very nice views Tim I didn't think the cameras range would have gone that far up the thames
timlewin

I have now discovered how to capture shots from the camera so here is one from just now showing the NHS signal which is hoisted every Thursday, (I guess done now to be ready for tomorrow) a miserable day in London but much needed rain.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “The Imperial War Museum - HMS Belfast: RAF Duxford”