New FAA book by Steve Bond

Let other members know of a good book that you are reading in this section
timlewin

New FAA book by Steve Bond

Unread post by timlewin »

Highly recommended.....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pelican

Re: New FAA book by Steve Bond

Unread post by Pelican »

F.A.A. BOYS VOL. I

Dear all,

Just to let you know that sales of Volume 1 have been very good so far. It was consistently at number 2 in Amazon's new release list and continues to be in the top 20 of their 100 best sellers in its category. Feedback so far has also been very positive, so thanks to all of you who have let me know what you think of it.

The manuscript for Volume 2 is well on its way. Everyone who has contributed is included as much as possible within the word count constraint. I am also delighted to say that at last we can include Wrens as two have come forward for this volume.

I am sorry, but kindly note that there is no room for any new material for Volume 2.

Thanks and best regards to all

Steve

Also see
http://lewin-of-greenwich-naval-history ... &start=170
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

F.A.A. BOYS VOLUME II ~ UPDATE

Dear all,
Navy Wings, Grub Street and the Fleet Air Arm Museum are joining forces to hold a major launch event for vol.2 in the museum. Subject of course to the Covid19 restrictions being relaxed enough to go ahead, the date being discussed is Saturday the 17th of July.
Assuming it goes ahead as planned, we will hope to see a good number of you there to sign copies and generally have a good time! It will be great to meet you and thank you in person for supporting the project.
So, please pencil this date into your diaries now. As soon as we get more information you will be the first to know.
Best
Steve and Heather
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

FAAB2 Launch Confirmation

I am delighted to confirm that the launch of ‘Fleet Air Arm Boys’ Volume 2 will take place in the Fleet Air Arm Museum Yeovilton on Saturday the 17th of July from 10:00 hours onwards.

There will be an eight-strong book-signing group in Hall 1, already chosen from the contributors to cover as many aircrew and groundcrew roles - and aircraft types - as possible. Every book purchased on the day will be signed by the whole group - plus myself, though the signers may vary on the day due to health or other issues. Navy Wings will also be present in Hall 1 and it is planned that there will be occasional short lectures.

With regard to accessing the museum, General Manager, Marc Farrance advises as follows:

“To mitigate capacity and safety onsite during the COVID19 pandemic, the Museum has moved to a position of advance timeslot booking for all visitors. We expect this will continue throughout the season following our re-opening. The latest government announcements and ‘road map’ for our national exit from the lockdown scenario position the Museum to open in the third phase of restriction easing measures, and therefore potentially no sooner than the 17th of May 2021. Once the date has been confirmed nationally, we ourselves will re-launch our online ticketing portal allowing advance booking for visitation – including for the 17th of July 2021.

“Those attending the event will need to purchase a ticket in advance to avoid disappointment, we regret that we are not in a position to process walk up sales on the day. It is therefore essential that you visit the Museum’s website - www.fleetairarm.com
as soon as the booking period opens. We will communicate more information in the coming weeks so that contributors get priority notice to make necessary arrangements. We appreciate your patience, and look forward to welcoming you later this year.”

There will be discount offers available to you on the day including both the ‘Fleet Air Arm Boys’ books and the Museum shop; more details will follow later.

All this has only proved possible thanks to the sterling efforts of Marc Farrance, Navy Wings - especially Jon Parkinson - and Grub Street’s John Davies. These gentlemen all deserve our grateful thanks for having got the launch to the starting gate. I am sure we will have a hugely enjoyable day. Heather and I are looking forward to meeting as many faces behind the names of the 200+ contributors to ‘Fleet Air Arm Boys’ - and girls! - as possible.

It would help us considerably if you could please let us know if you are planning to attend (if you have not already done so). Please also spread the word to old comrades and encourage them to join us all.
The ‘rig’ is smart casual.
With our best regards
Steve and Heather
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

FAABs V.2.

Dear all,
41 of you have so far declared your plan to attend the launch, which is great, with many bringing their "others". We expect to hear from the FAA Musuem soon about the opening date for ticket booking.
We are delighted to announce that all contributors attending the launch will be able to buy their copies of the book at a 20% discount.
You can also pre-order online from Navy Wings at the same discount, using the code CONTRIBUTOR20
More discounts on other items bought on the day will be announced in due course.
Best regards Steve and Heather
P.S. A very quick follow-up to my last message. Having checked the Fleet Air Arm Museum website, they have announced that the ticket booking system re-opens on
TUESDAY 5TH MAY
Please be sure to get in quickly with your bookings!
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Dear all,
I have just received my advance copies of Volume 3 and a really good job has been made of it by Grub Street and their printers. Looking forward to seeing many of you in the Fleet Air Museum on 9 July.
Heather joins me in expressing our grateful thanks to everyone who has contributed.
Best
Steve
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “The Book Club”