Editing Posts

Guides for registering, posting and tips for attachments etc.
jbryce1437

Editing Posts

Unread post by jbryce1437 »

You now have 4 hours in which to edit a post, after which time the function is disabled. If you wish for a post to be edited after that time you will need to contact a Moderator.

Jim
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
JEM, EM, OEM, LOEM, POOEL
Then 28 years in the Fire Brigade
Retired since 2002
Little h

Re: Editing Posts

Unread post by Little h »

Thanks very much Jim, the edit feature functioning for that period should make life easier when completing/reviewing one's posts.
Little h
DaveH

Unread post by DaveH »

Thank you Jim ... Fine tuning in progress.

DaveH
ivorthediver

Unread post by ivorthediver »

4 Hours you say Jim ......well that should help my span of attention ... :) thanks pal your a god send on this Forum , and its much appreciated .....
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
ivorthediver

Ok thanks for this privilege Jim , and will strive to use it wisely .
DonBoyer

Unread post by DonBoyer »

Speaking from the experience with the old forum, I think having a four-hour limit on editing is not going to be of much benefit, as it puts labor on the moderator to allow an edit at a later date. Information changes over time, and not always instantly. We should be able to edit our own posts at any time. It would save work for the mods, if nothing else. Just a suggestion, lads!
Don G. Boyer

"For a successful technology, reality has to take precedence over public relations, because nature cannot be fooled."(Richard Feynman)
DonBoyer

Jim -- why are the avatar and profile picture limits set so small? 6kb is microscopic -- I can't reduce any photo I have or any of the avatars pics I'd like to use small enough to fit! I hate having stuff blank! :o
Don G. Boyer

"For a successful technology, reality has to take precedence over public relations, because nature cannot be fooled."(Richard Feynman)
jbryce1437

Unread post by jbryce1437 »

DonBoyer wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:19 am Jim -- why are the avatar and profile picture limits set so small? 6kb is microscopic -- I can't reduce any photo I have or any of the avatars pics I'd like to use small enough to fit! I hate having stuff blank! :o
Hello Don, I have asked Jack if he can increase it to around 80kb, which is what the old forum was set to.

Jim
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
JEM, EM, OEM, LOEM, POOEL
Then 28 years in the Fire Brigade
Retired since 2002
DonBoyer

Thanks Jim! I was bummed I couldn't get my old avatars posted no matter what I did with them...I don't have the "diddle with photos" software any more. :D
Don G. Boyer

ivorthediver

Huh know the feeling only to well Don :oops:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Using the Forum: Guidance and Tips”