Canadian Flag Salutes

Post here about the Imperial War Museum and its exhibits
Pelican

Canadian Flag Salutes

Unread post by Pelican »

2019 ~ THE CANADIAN FLAG SALUTE

Following from Tim:
"Dear All, it went splendidly, being the 3rd round we now have a strong family atmosphere so there is no stiffness, that said, joints were well oiled by the donation of 3 bottles of Jamaican overproof by dear Laurence Jones, their trade commissioner! More later, and a link to BFBS who filmed it but not broadcast yet.
Tim
PS; David, would you mind posting the pictures for us?"
Please four photos attached.

Also:
Dear Tim and Mike,
Many thanks again for your great work yesterday and all the work prior to this superb event. Everyone really enjoyed the CA flag raising and were very happy with all the various speakers. Overall, a first class event. BZ and many thanks again.
Please relay our most sincere thanks to all those that assisted yesterday to ensure the success of this event.
Hope you truly enjoy your holidays with your family, loved ones and friends. Wishing you health and prosperity for 2020!
Ps. Please find a few photos attached that sum up the ceremony.
Warmest regards,
Yves

Plus:
From the Canadian Naval Advisors in London
Wishing you a happy holiday season!
De la part des Conseillers navals à Londres
Nous vous souhaitons un joyeux temps des Fêtes!
[See copy of card attached.]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Re: Canadian Flag Salutes

Unread post by Pelican »

Further to the report above, please see this video:
Canadian Flag Raised On HMS Belfast To Mark WWII Contribution
The ceremony marked the work of the Royal Canadian Navy during the Second World War.
Please go to - https://www.forces.net/news/canadian-fl ... ntribution
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
timlewin

Re: Canadian Flag Salutes

Unread post by timlewin »

AND NOW FOR 2021
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “The Imperial War Museum - HMS Belfast: RAF Duxford”