Problem Section

Guides for registering, posting and tips for attachments etc.
Little h

Re: Problem Section

Unread post by Little h »

There appears to be a re-alignment of buttons on the bar under the forum Banner, see the cluster outlined in red:-
(click on the attachment to view in focus)
Screenshot (6619).png

Several/a couple of these features are usually on the right of the bar and I would be interested to know if I am the only forum member who is experiencing this effect.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Little h
jbryce1437

Unread post by jbryce1437 »

Thanks Harry, I noticed this also and reported it to Jack. Not sure if some tweak of the software has been made by the developers but I think the new layout is with us for the time being. I also noticed that posts made since my last visit, which usually had red letters rather than blue, do not show but I will monitor that over the next couple of days.

Jim
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
JEM, EM, OEM, LOEM, POOEL
Then 28 years in the Fire Brigade
Retired since 2002
Little h

OK Dokey Hon Mod Jim I shall leave it with you mate.
Little h
ivorthediver

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Likewise Harry , glad its not just me , but I have also lost post count and have no notifications of answered posts .....so will have to obtain from posting unless I cause more problems on here :cry:
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
ivorthediver

At the risk of losing the title of Flavour of the month :roll: ... I prefer the former Forum layout , and dislike the removal of the "Notification" section of post replies from theme page .

I understand our Moderators are looking into this with "JACK "? but why was it changed in the first place please. :o
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Is it only me or is the Site/Or its Members experiencing problems at the moment?
My situ is that no Notifications are coming up present and all posts are coming up with a white background - not a problem but an indication that all is not well somewhere?
I have no problems with other sites or Internet usage.
I've cleared all caches etc. and restarted my laptop which at least caused the requirement to Log In to LofG.
Will await info and advice.
Thank you in antic.
P.S. Preview works fine but Submit still brings up:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_messenger.php on line 506: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 1836: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3268)
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
jbryce1437

Unread post by jbryce1437 »

ivorthediver wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 2:56 pm At the risk of losing the title of Flavour of the month :roll: ... I prefer the former Forum layout , and dislike the removal of the "Notification" section of post replies from theme page .

I understand our Moderators are looking into this with "JACK "? but why was it changed in the first place please. :o
I think the changes were forced upon us and I wonder if there has been a problem on the server that hosts the Forum. Another cause for the problem could be that changes were made by the developers to the software, which has caused problems across the board. Hopefully, Jack can sort it out in good time and normal service will be resumed in due course.

Jim

ps Fingers crossed :-)
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
JEM, EM, OEM, LOEM, POOEL
Then 28 years in the Fire Brigade
Retired since 2002
ivorthediver

Thank you Jim and sorry to bother you but you are seemingly our only contact with those in "the know ".

One assumes that they are providing a "Service" to you [at an astronomical charge] to the owners [our Dear Tim] which instead of providing continuity of service are doing the reverse which is inferior and not fit for purpose , or is this a language that "Geeks" don't recognise :?:

I'm sure you will have your finger on the pulse kind Sir ;)
Little h

Click on 'Quick Links' and then the 2nd option in the drop down menu 'New Posts' and Bob's yer Uncle .... I've been using that method for absolutely yonks & yonks

The posts/threads that you haven't yet opened/checked remain in red whilst those opened/read revert to blue - simples ;)
Little h
ivorthediver

I raise my hat to you Harry , to finding this solution .

With regard to using this solution for "yonks" I have not had to as it was present on my main screen so just pressed the drop down menu ....much the same as David I suspect :(

Still thanks for fathoming it out and finding out how to solve OUR problem
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Using the Forum: Guidance and Tips”