Problem Section

Guides for registering, posting and tips for attachments etc.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Problem Section

Unread post by admin »

Hello again,

The forum has been updated and all functionality should have been restored. Thank you for your patience during this period of downtime and please enjoy using the forum once again! Any queries or requests regarding the forum (the design or specific functions) you would like to see or think would help improve the forum, please post here and Jim/Tim will pass this onto me.

I am glad to see so many of you using the forum and posting - having a look at the images you have posted are incredible and I look forward to the continued interest.

Many thanks
Admin (Jack)
jbryce1437

Unread post by jbryce1437 »

Well done and many thanks Jack.

Jim
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
JEM, EM, OEM, LOEM, POOEL
Then 28 years in the Fire Brigade
Retired since 2002
Little h

Unread post by Little h »

Hon Mod Jim, for info - I have sent you a PM relating to a fault when I try to insert an image on a post!!
Little h
jbryce1437

Little h wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:14 pm Hon Mod Jim, for info - I have sent you a PM relating to a fault when I try to insert an image on a post!!
No PM received Harry. I tried to post a photo on this thread and it uploaded and displayed ok.
What sort of problem are you experiencing?

Jim
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
Retired since 2002
Little h

jbryce1437 wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:57 pm
Little h wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:14 pm Hon Mod Jim, for info - I have sent you a PM relating to a fault when I try to insert an image on a post!!
No PM received Harry. I tried to post a photo on this thread and it uploaded and displayed ok.

Jim
Hi Hon Mod Jim,

Having logged in and typed text in a post I tried several times to insert the associated image in support of the text, initially it appears to be about to take but it never confirms having become an inserted image - instead I am immediately logged out and invited to log back in again.

I click 'attachments' then 'add file' and all that enters is the filename and file/image size.
Little h
jbryce1437

Little h wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:12 pm

Jim
Hi Hon Mod Jim,

Having logged in and typed text in a post I tried several times to insert the associated image in support of the text, initially it appears to be about to take but it never confirms having become an inserted image - instead I am immediately logged out and invited to log back in again.

I click 'attachments' then 'add file' and all that enters is the filename and file/image size.
Thanks for the description of your problem Harry. I have tried to go through the same procedure and post an image and it appears to work ok. I am not sure why you are being logged off before your image is uploaded. I had an problem like that at one time, where the upload timed out but not sure if it was just due to a line problem and slow connection. There is little that I can do to help so I will ask Jack if he can shed any light on your problem and resolve it.

Jim
Retired since 2002
Little h

jbryce1437 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:21 pm
Little h wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:12 pm

Jim
Hi Hon Mod Jim,

Thanks for the description of your problem Harry. I have tried to go through the same procedure and post an image and it appears to work ok. I am not sure why you are being logged off before your image is uploaded. I had an problem like that at one time, where the upload timed out but not sure if it was just due to a line problem and slow connection. There is little that I can do to help so I will ask Jack if he can shed any light on your problem and resolve it.

Jim
Thanks Jim I will keep checking for any further info.
Little h
ivorthediver

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Hi Gang , just a quick line to advise that I am now back on line and thanks to the "Team" with more tech savvy than me I am delighted to be back online again .

The old school amongst you will know that I have been around since the original Forum started by Tim was launched , and since then their have been to many of our friends "cross the bar " , but this old sweat is still around and managing to reach the keyboard [ thanks to our boys in the back room ]. ;)
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
jbryce1437

ivorthediver wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 12:08 pm Hi Gang , just a quick line to advise that I am now back on line and thanks to the "Team" with more tech savvy than me I am delighted to be back online again .

The old school amongst you will know that I have been around since the original Forum started by Tim was launched , and since then their have been to many of our friends "cross the bar " , but this old sweat is still around and managing to reach the keyboard [ thanks to our boys in the back room ]. ;)
Pleased your problems are behind you, oh yes they are, Ivor and good to have you back

Jim
Retired since 2002
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Using the Forum: Guidance and Tips”