Aircraft Carrier: CV-003

Add your posts about the Chinese Navy (PLAN) in this section
ivorthediver

Re: CV-003

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Thanks Dennis , when do you think she will be launched ?
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
designeraccd

Unread post by designeraccd »

For some reason PLAN doesn't include me on their UPdate list....go figure!! :o However, here is a view of island with the HUGE overhead cranes' lines still in view.

At the rate they seem to be moving; wouldn't surprise me to see her floated out of that dry dock by Dec/Jan...?? DFO
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ivorthediver

Unread post by ivorthediver »

designeraccd wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:40 pm For some reason PLAN doesn't include me on their UPdate list....go figure!! :o However, here is a view of island with the HUGE overhead cranes' lines still in view.

At the rate they seem to be moving; wouldn't surprise me to see her floated out of that dry dock by Dec/Jan...?? DFO
You do surprise me Dennis , I would have thought that you were top of their list ;) .......but yes that is a strong possibility
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
designeraccd

Here is a very nice, clear overhead view taken a few days before the island was installed.......... ;) DFO
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
designeraccd

The island shows up as quite compact in this latest view of CV-003! ;) DFO
designeraccd

From a report:

"Several key elements of the Type 003’s design can now be confirmed:

China’s newest carrier will feature a flat-top flight deck; three channels for operation of the Type 003’s catapult-assisted launch system, each measuring approximately 105 meters, are clearly visible on the vessel’s deck.

Although partially obscured in the image, the Type 003’s two aircraft elevators appear to be several meters wider than those of its predecessor, the Shandong.

The island of the Type 003—which houses the command center for flight deck operations along with radar and communication equipment—has been reconfigured to have a smaller footprint compared to China’s other carriers."

Also, some now think CV-003 WILL be afloat by the end of '21, early '22.......... :o DFO
designeraccd

A new small view, but it shows CV-003 island quite well........... ;) DFO
designeraccd

A view from a few days ago. The "huts" on flight deck were to protect the 2 huge openings from a oncoming typhoon. No elevators installed yet, but a great almost direct overhead view of her!! The three catapult "tracks" are clearly seen. DFO
designeraccd

The carrier starts looking almost "small" next to the HUGE container ship being assembled next door!! :o DFO
Pelican

Re: Aircraft Carrier: CV-003

Unread post by Pelican »

Chinese carrier 003 under construction

See - https://twitter.com/CcibChris/status/14 ... 8683514880
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Chinese Navy (PLAN)”