Canadian Ships

Add your posts about the Canadian Navy in this section
designeraccd

Re: Canadian Ships

Unread post by designeraccd »

Canada's remaining TRIBAL, the HAIDA, still and always a handsome warship!! :D DFO
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ivorthediver

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Thank you Tim , so I was on the right track then ;) , thanks for the confirmation , and these cracking photo's
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
limeybiker

Unread post by limeybiker »

jbryce1437 wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:17 pm
ivorthediver wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:03 pm Thanks guys , and hope some of the old gang rejoin us very soon and help us re-populate this section of our forum
Me too, anyone in touch with Scatari?

Jim
I did a search of all my MS Outlook items and I came up with a lot of hits sadly they were all for WNFS Forum with do not reply to this email.

We will be doing two weeks in Canada from a week on Monday, we will be in Quebec and Halifax, I was hoping to make contact, hopefully I will return with some good photographs of some Canuck ships.
  • Up Spirits
    It’s Tot Time
    somewhere in the World
Yours Aye
Barry and Sharon Lockyer
Sunny Ocala, FL 34476 USA
http://www.barrylockyer.com/[/b]
ivorthediver

Well thanks for trying anyway Barry , we seem to have drawn a collective blank on this mores the pity
we will just have to hope he stumbles across this and drops us a line it seems .

We will look forward to your return , again with some goodies :D
jbryce1437

Unread post by jbryce1437 »

limeybiker wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:35 pm
jbryce1437 wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:17 pm
ivorthediver wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:03 pm Thanks guys , and hope some of the old gang rejoin us very soon and help us re-populate this section of our forum
Me too, anyone in touch with Scatari?

Jim
I did a search of all my MS Outlook items and I came up with a lot of hits sadly they were all for WNFS Forum with do not reply to this email.

We will be doing two weeks in Canada from a week on Monday, we will be in Quebec and Halifax, I was hoping to make contact, hopefully I will return with some good photographs of some Canuck ships.
Enjoy your tour Barry, hope you have a great time and dont forget to charge the camera battery ;-)

Jim
Some Canadian ship photos for your enjoyment

Athabaskan
athabaskan,-h.m.c.s.(1943)-.jpg
athabaskan1,-h.m.c.s.(1943).jpg

Chaudiere
chaudiere-(1942)-h.m.c.s.-p.jpg
chaudiere-(1942)-stb.qtr.-h.jpg

Haida
haida-(1940's.)-h.m.c.s..jpg

Algonquin
hmcs algonquin,during ww2.jpg

Magnificent
hmcs magnificent entering valletta harbour,malta,81951a jimbocard.jpg

Snowberry
snowberry-(1943)-hmcs. ply.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
JEM, EM, OEM, LOEM, POOEL
Then 28 years in the Fire Brigade
Retired since 2002
timlewin

Unread post by timlewin »

I have a good friend in Halifax who over the years has sent me lots of Canadian ship pictures, actually 176 in total so far, I can tell you this asx I just downloaded all of them from his mails to a new photo file on Canadian ships. I did this for a back-display of pictures for our Canadian Flag event on December 18th in HMS Belfast. This is a tradition in the creation to show appreciation for the support of the RCN, all to easily overlooked from this distance, during the Convoy era.

I started this last year, this year we will make a rather bigger splash of things by firing the forward turrets for 6-rounds simulated by our special effect chums, and have a bugler from the HAC to do the appropriate sounds at the right moments as befitting a cruiser.

This year is the 75th. anniversary of the despatch of Scharnhorst which without Belfast's keen eyed radar operators might have got away. There were 80+ Canadian men serving in Belfast on that occasion as well as 3 Canadian Tribals defending the convoy with 2 British, Haida, Huron and Iroquois with Ashanti and Eskimo in case the German destroyers known to be with Scharnhorst broke through (no one knew they had already gone back to base) as it was Scharnhorst came within 20 miles of the convoy, 3 miles less than gun range, without knowing it before turning away.

Here are a few of his pics.
timlewin

cant resist a few more but it will take a long time to work through the lot!
ivorthediver

Many thanks for your kindness in sharing these Tim
timlewin

a few shots to show that no Navy is all ships, its really the men that count, without her people a ship is just a big metal box.
timlewin

a few shots to show that no Navy is all ships, its really the men that count, without her people a ship is just a big metal box.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Canadian Navy”