RN Aircraft Carriers: HMS Prince of Wales

Add your posts about Royal Navy ships in this section
Pelican

Re: RN Aircraft Carriers: HMS Prince of Wales

Unread post by Pelican »

Britain demonstrates ability to operate carriers near North Pole

British aircraft carrier HMS Prince of Wales led a task group to within 900 miles of the North Pole “to demonstrate the ability of the UK’s two Queen Elizabeth-class carriers to operate in the harshest environmental conditions”.
Continues at - https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/britain ... P2koMDiHU4
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

The Atlantic Future Forum wil be held on board HMS PWLS in New York 28-29 September Part of her Westlant22 deployment to the eastern seaboard of the US.

See - https://twitter.com/NavyLookout/status/ ... 0016659458
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

HMS PRINCE OF WALES - CHANGE OF COMMAND - Tweets:

"It's been a privilege to work alongside the women and men HMS PWLS.
Taking the Ship from Sea Training to become operational on her maiden deployment to the Arctic leading NATO.
This brilliant team have consistently operated with pride, passion & purpose" - Capt S Higham OBE RN

"Taking Command of the largest Warship is an honour as we push the limits of carrier ops with 3 new drones, the f35 and v22 later this year.
I'm excited to lead this amazing team for NATO now, and through these R09 innovative times" - Captain R Hewitt OBE RN
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Partygate: Royal Navy captain Steve Higham caught up in Downing Street fiasco hands over command of HMS Prince of Wales

A ROYAL Navy captain caught up in the partygate scandal at Downing Street has handed over command of Britain’s newest aircraft carrier to another top officer, it can be revealed.

See - https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/defen ... pf3SAr1vk4
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

HMS PRINCE OF WALES

Under command of new Captain Richie Hewitt, HMSPWLS will complete 2 weeks of preparations off S. Coast, embarking 2 Crowsnest Merlins and USAF V-22s.
She will then join NATO warships for exercises in Atlantic & Mediterranean including visiting Rota, Spain.

See also - https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/news-and-l ... an-mission
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Royal Navy's newest warship HMS Prince of Wales to be pushed to the 'limit of carrier operations'

BRITAIN’S biggest warship will be ‘pushed to the limits of carrier operations’ on her next mission, the vessel’s new commander has vowed.

See - https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/defen ... pnxEdRXRxY
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

HMS Prince of Wales arrives in Spain ahead of NATO workout

Britain’s biggest warship has arrived in Spain ready for key exercises in the Mediterranean and Atlantic as NATO’s command ship.
Aircraft carrier HMS Prince of Wales is currently the lead vessel in NATO’s Response Force – which can be deployed anywhere at short notice to react to world events – and has stopped in Rota on Spain’s west coast ahead of joint training led by Spain.

The warship will be at heart of a multinational task force, but will first stop in the Bay of Cadiz port to prepare for the forthcoming exercises, as well as welcoming visitors, while adventurous training will be laid on for sailors, including cycling, kayaking, football and golf.

Captain Richard Hewitt, who only took command of the Portsmouth-based strike carrier last month, said: “Taking command of HMS Prince of Wales while at sea, and sailing to Rota, to meet up with our Spanish allies, highlights our enduring commitment to NATO and our allies.

“Continuing HMS Prince of Wales journey as the NATO command ship for 2022 by operating with our Spanish allies emphasises that as an alliance, NATO continues to operate in defence of its citizens and territory.”

Continues at - https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/news-and-l ... s-in-spain
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Tweet from Second Sea Lord MartinJ Connell

The Royal Navy is proud to be a part of Future Atlantic AFF22 with HMS PWLS taking centre stage in NYC later this year. Delighted to be at the launch event this morning.

[ What is Future Atlantic?

The Atlantic Future Forum exists to help strengthen the defence, security, technology and trading relationships between democratic nations. Now in its fifth year, AFF22 will be hosted in the United States on board the Royal Navy aircraft carrier, HMS Prince of Wales, on its maiden visit to New York.

The AFF is convened by the UK Government and will be one of the UK’s international leadership events in 2022. The Forum brings together senior politicians, policy makers, military leaders and academia, together with business leaders and entrepreneurs from the United Kingdom and United States. The AFF is chaired by Lord Sedwill, the former UK Cabinet Secretary and National Security Adviser.

Continues at - https://www.atlanticfutureforum.com/about-aff/ ]
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Drones to deploy onboard British aircraft carrier again

QinetiQ has won a £1.5m contract from the Royal Navy to trial the military effect of Banshee Jet80+ air vehicle off HMS Prince of Wales.

This will occur later in 2022 during a deployment to the US East coast.

QinetiQ say it will provide its experimentation expertise and Banshee Jet80+ air vehicles to support the Royal Navy’s future use of high-performance Uncrewed Aerial Systems (UAS) in Carrier Strike Group operations.

“The experimental trials, which are closely associated with the Navy’s Vampire Phase 1 programme, will test QinetiQ Target Systems’ Banshees in training and ISR scenarios, focussing on specific flight profiles and the optical recognition of assets to enable ‘friend or foe’ confirmation.

The Banshees provide the opportunity to rehearse operational procedures by emulating cruise missiles and enemy fast jets. With the addition of Electronic Warfare systems, the Banshee will not only stimulate the ship and aircraft radar systems, but also the threat warning systems, adding more depth and reality to the training that can be delivered. This will also demonstrate the potential use of Banshee in a decoy role.

In the ISR role, Banshee will prove its capability to deliver rapid visual identification of radar contacts to allow classification of threats. Integration of the MAPLE command and control software will demonstrate the ability to rapidly integrate this and a wider range of payloads delivering essential information to the War Fighter.”

Continues at - https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/drones- ... STeU9DvVj4
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Banshee Air Vehicles to be deployed on board HMS Prince of Wales

QinetiQ has won a £1.5m contract from the Royal Navy to trial the military effect of Banshee Jet80+ air vehicle off HMS Prince of Wales. This will take place later in 2022 as part of HMS Prince of Wales’ first deployment off the East coast of the USA.

Continues at - https://www.qinetiq.com/en/news/banshee ... e-of-wales
Previous post refers.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Royal Navy”