RN Aircraft Carriers: HMS Queen Elizabeth

Add your posts about Royal Navy ships in this section
Brian James

Re: RN Aircraft Carriers: HMS Queen Elizabeth

Unread post by Brian James »

HMS Queen Elizabeth departs Portsmouth.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Today the (tri-service) flag of Commander (UK) Joint Operations (CJO) was flying from R08 HMS Queen Elizabeth as she and her CSG were about to enter into several days of NATO Exercise Steadfast Defender in the East Atlantic.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

HMS Queen Elizabeth Fast jet Flightline-Special Edition. Steadfast Defender 2021. Crew Interviews.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdakPVV1X4w
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

HMS Queen Elizabeth Flag of United Kingdom

HMSQNLZ Today, we stand shoulder to shoulder with our US colleagues as they remember their fallen.

Memorial Day
We Will Remember Them
Honor Them

5:18 pm · 31 May 2021 - See photos 4 photos at - https://twitter.com/HMSQNLZ/status/1399 ... 22/photo/1
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

The purpose of this photo is to show the dark areas which have enhanced deck protection for F35B landings.
Brian James

Carriers Charles de Gaulle and HMS Queen Elizabeth pictured parting ways after 3 days of joint exercises, June 3rd 2021.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

South Korean shipbuilders unveil competing carrier designs

BUSAN, South Korea — Two shipbuilders have each displayed their conceptual designs for the South Korean Navy’s future light aircraft carrier, code-named CVX.

The South Korean companies unveiled their offerings at the four-day International Maritime Defense Industry Exhibition, a biennial naval defense show, which began June 9 in the southern port city of Busan.

The MADEX show is taking place four months after South Korea’s arms procurement agency announced the government tentatively earmarked about $2 billion to build a homemade 30,000-ton aircraft carrier to enter service by 2033. The Defense Ministry is conducting a feasibility study of the project for final approval by the National Assembly.

Continues, including "Rolls-Royce claims it’s the only manufacturer in the world that has provided naval marine gas turbine generators into front-line IFEP-powered destroyers and aircraft carriers. “The Royal Navy’s Queen Elizabeth-class aircraft carriers, due to visit South Korea later this year, combine two MT30 [36-megawatt] gas turbine alternators with four medium speed diesel generators delivering 112 MW of electrical power,” the company said in a statement."
At:
https://www.defensenews.com/industry/te ... 5RPx3XW1FQ
Brian James

HMS Queen Elizabeth at Cyprus in June 2021.
Brian James

Multi-national force pictured at Yokosuka last week.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Royal Navy”