RN Aircraft Carriers: HMS Queen Elizabeth

Add your posts about Royal Navy ships in this section
Pelican

Re: RN Aircraft Carriers: HMS Queen Elizabeth

Unread post by Pelican »

Little h wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:53 pm White mast-like feature sited on the lowered deck edge aircraft lift - what might be the likely function of this feature??
And the answer is?

Sunset ceremony onboard HMS Queen Elizabeth last night.

Video at - https://www.facebook.com/watch?v=670760797575223
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Little h

Unread post by Little h »

Pelican wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:53 pm
Little h wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:53 pm White mast-like feature sited on the lowered deck edge aircraft lift - what might be the likely function of this feature??
And the answer is?

Sunset ceremony onboard HMS Queen Elizabeth last night.

Video at - https://www.facebook.com/watch?v=670760797575223
Thank you kind Sir much obliged to you for clearing that up. BZ
Little h
Little h

Update; I am still looking at latest pics and comparing with previous observations. so .... when time permits there are more posts with observations/queries to come.
Little h
ivorthediver

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Bring them on Harry , but I'll leave the answers to the bright ones like you to solve :oops:
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Little h wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:25 am Update; I am still looking at latest pics and comparing with previous observations. so .... when time permits there are more posts with observations/queries to come.
Harry I seem to remember a photo of one of the QEC at Pompey with her stern ladders/gangways apparently removed and no reason found in the usual places. The next photo of the stern showed gangways in position - if they were ever removed. Possibly their 'fixings' to the hull were found to be 'not up to spec' and they were re-affixed. Any info please?
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Little h

Pelican wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:51 pm
Little h wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:25 am Update; I am still looking at latest pics and comparing with previous observations. so .... when time permits there are more posts with observations/queries to come.
Harry I seem to remember a photo of one of the QEC at Pompey with her stern ladders/gangways apparently removed and no reason found in the usual places. The next photo of the stern showed gangways in position - if they were ever removed. Possibly their 'fixings' to the hull were found to be 'not up to spec' and they were re-affixed. Any info please?
David, I don't have any recollection of the transom ladders/gangways having been removed, neither as yet have I found a photo on my files showing same - sorry
Little h
Little h

Visit to view QNLZ R08 26th March 2022 whilst in Liverpool - (my oservations continued)

A feature in the following captioned image brought a memory of something having been in that position in a corner of a catwalk on the aft island (fwd port side), see:-
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Little h
Little h

Little h wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:31 pm Visit to view QNLZ R08 26th March 2022 whilst in Liverpool - (my oservations continued)

A feature in the following captioned image brought a memory of something having been in that position in a corner of a catwalk on the aft island (fwd port side), see:-
See also these captioned images relating to the feature - click on the image to read my caption:-
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Little h
Little h

Still got a few more observations to post on here as and when time permits.
Little h
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

REFLECTING ON CSG21 WITH THE USMC'S F-35B-EQUIPPED VMFA-211

Equipped with British and American F-35Bs, HMS Queen Elizabeth (R08) successfully completed her first operational deployment in December 2021. US Navy Lt Cdr Rick Burgess (Ret) details the mission through the eyes of VMFA-211 – the USMC F-35B unit that embarked on the carrier – and how it further strengthened the UK-US alliance.

See - https://www.key.aero/article/reflecting ... hjDebkKTps
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Royal Navy”