RN Aircraft Carriers: HMS Queen Elizabeth

Add your posts about Royal Navy ships in this section
Pelican

Re: RN Aircraft Carriers: HMS Queen Elizabeth

Unread post by Pelican »

Divers conducting planned maintenance at the stern of HMS QNLZ in Portsmouth

Note also: ladders to aft embarkation platform removed for maintenance.
https://twitter.com/NavyLookout/status/ ... 0595288064
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

HMS Queen Elizabeth having new deck lift Chain installed

Photos at - https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=26 ... 1094280138
[This is quite a regular routine]
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

British aircraft carrier embarks her stealth jets

https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/british ... 1HL56OOuN0
Brian James

Unread post by Brian James »

F-35Bs from 617 Sqn have embarked on HMS Queen Elizabeth for CSG23.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

HMS Queen Elizabeth made her first visit to new NATO partner, Sweden, arriving in Gothenburg on 13 October for a week of defence diplomacy as part of the UK Carrier Strike Group deployment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xIthtkEldk&t=20s
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

HMS QNLZ returned to Portsmouth in order to fix a lift defect and also conducting store ship ahead of returning to sea at end of this week.

Likely to resume participation in UKCSG23 planned exercises but as always, other options are open.
No official comment as yet.

P.S. HMS QNLZ returned to Portsmouth last night with the 8 jets still embarked. [Unusual - indicates short stop]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

HMS QNLZ due to sail from Portsmouth tomorrow passing Round Tower approx 1500.

hms kent and hms diamond also sail tomorrow UKCSG23.

*warships movements may be subject to change.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

From 2020:

Mind the gap

HMS Queen Elizabeth delayed sailing today due to strong easterly winds in what is a good example of risk-vs-operational imperative decision making. The following short read is a counter to the resulting ‘what if we had to go to war and it was windy’ commentary.

See - https://tom-sharpe.com/2020/09/18/mind-the-gap/
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Drone shot down over British aircraft carrier in Sweden

In mid-October, HMS Queen Elizabeth was in Gothenburg when a drone entered the protected area around the warship and was eliminated.

The visit was part of defence cooperation centred around the Joint Expeditionary Forces (JEF) deployment conducted last year, of which Sweden has been a member since 2017.

The shoot-down was confirmed by Carl-Johan Edström, head of the Swedish Armed Forces’ operations management, in a local media report.

Translated from Swedish, he said:

“A situation arose which we handled quite efficiently and quickly. From discovery until we had handled it was within seconds. There are different ways you can shoot it down. You can use energy weapons to take them down, you can disrupt them. We have not commented on exactly how we have dealt with this particular threat. I don’t want to go into exactly what we used here.

“There is nothing to indicate that there was a foreign power or anything like that. We’re still kind of looking at this. We cannot go deeper into exactly what was behind this. It is both a police matter and a military continuing investigation.”

During the naval visit, several joint exercises between Swedish naval and air combat forces and their UK equivalents were conducted off the Swedish west coast and in the Baltic Sea. For example, the HMS Kent was involved in the Swedish Navy’s autumn exercise.

Source UKDJ
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Royal Navy”