RN Aircraft Carriers: HMS Queen Elizabeth

Add your posts about Royal Navy ships in this section
Pelican

Re: RN Aircraft Carriers: HMS Queen Elizabeth

Unread post by Pelican »

USMC BRIGADIER GENERAL SIMON DORAN PRESENTS HIS CSG21 POST-DEPLOYMENT BRIEFING TO STRIKFORNATO STAFF

Oeiras, Portugal - Naval Striking and Support Forces NATO (STRIKFORNATO) Chief of Staff, Brigadier General Marcus Annibale, welcomed U.S. Marine Corps (USMC) Brigadier General Simon Doran to the headquarters, for a briefing on the UK's Carrier Strike Group 21 (CSG21) Deployment, April 21, 2022.

BGen Doran served as the United States' Senior National Representative for the UK Carrier Strike Group during the 2021 deployment. Having flown over 600 combat hours in F/A-18 and F-35B, receiving the 2012 USMC Tailhooker of the Year Award and with over 800 landings on nine different aircraft carriers, BGen Doran has led a successful career. Before his service to the UK Carrier Strike Group, he served as the Assistant Wing Commander of 3D Marine Aircraft Wing.

The purpose of the visit was to brief STRIKFORNATO staff through a Professional Military Education Programme that focused on improving military education for personnel and incorporating new knowledge on CSG21, which was the first Operational deployment for HMS QUEEN ELIZABETH (QNLZ).

The ship's airwing consisted of 10x USMC F-35B and 8x UK F-35B along with 7x Merlin helicopters. STRIKFORNATO staff learned about the interoperability training between NATO Allies and partners and the relationships that were strengthened over the duration of the QNLZ deployment.

QNLZ's deployment was a duration of seven and a half months through the Eastern Mediterranean, South China Sea and briefly in the Gulf of Oman. The ship supported different exercises and interacted with a number of NATO Allies and partner countries and other regional partners.

STRIKFORNATO, headquartered in Oeiras, Portugal, is Supreme Allied Commander Europe's (SACEUR) premier, rapidly deployable and flexible, maritime power projection Headquarters, capable of planning and executing full spectrum joint maritime operations.

Source, which contains more photos, - https://sfn.nato.int/newsroom/news-arch ... zcG-ELvVsU
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

QNLZ GETS A FUEL TOP UP (8/6/22)

QNLZ takes on some fuel from SD Oceanspray.
To fully fuel HMS Queen Elizabeth requires 4,800 tonnes of diesel F76 and 3,700 tonnes of aviation fuel F44. A Type 23 frigate can take on around 600 tonnes of diesel.
SD Oceanspray is around 764 tonnes Gross, deadweight 1444t. Just over 43 meters in length and 15 wide. Constructed on Gdansk Poland by Crist in 2010. Owned and run by Serco.

Photos at - https://twitter.com/portsmouthboats/sta ... 76/photo/1
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

HMS QNLZ ballasted with a slight list to starboard so port side boot topping can be repainted.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

FALKLANDS 40

The Royal Family
On board HMS Queen Elizabeth, The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall have joined a reception to mark the 40th anniversary of the Falklands Conflict.
See - https://twitter.com/RoyalFamily/status/ ... 0471016448
And video - https://twitter.com/pn_tomcotterill/sta ... 6109006854

For coverage of other events at home and abroad see - https://twitter.com/hashtag/Falklands40 ... htag_click
Brian James

Unread post by Brian James »

HMS Queen Elizabeth with RFA Tideforce.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

CH-47 Chinook and AW-101 Merlins in the hangar onboard HMS Queen Elizabeth.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

HMS QNLZ

Passenger Transfer Boats - Buccaneer, Swordfish and Sea Vixen.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

HMS QNLZ alongside in Portsmouth today preparing for operational deployment with F-35 jets next month.

See - https://twitter.com/NavyLookout/status/ ... 1162805248
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Future programme.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Ships company muster on the flight deck of HMS QNLZ mid-Atlantic for 96-gun salute and to mark the passing of 'the boss' (and the ship's Lady Sponsor).

[One of many of the Grey Funnel line doing the same.]

See also - https://medium.com/voices-of-the-armed- ... e376c3d934
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Royal Navy”