BB-64, Aug. 2005

Got some ships photographs or videos that you want to share with others? Post them here
designeraccd

BB-64, Aug. 2005

Unread post by designeraccd »

I finally got to walk (hobble? bad hip) my "favorite" (guess my home state!!) battleships' decks in Aug., 2005 on a very hot (90F+), humid day. My wife and I had driven out to Nauticus in Virginia where she is located. At the time one could only tread her upper decks, interior was closed then.

The only other time I had seen her was thru thick SMOGwhile moored alongside MISSOURI in the Summer of 1990 at the now long gone Long Beach Naval Shipyard. In 1968, when still in the CORPS, I was able to get on base to see the NEW JERSEY, prior to her deployment to Viet Nam, from where I had returned a few months before.

These big 3rd generation battleships are extremely impressive, to put it mildly. :) DFO
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ivorthediver

Re: BB-64, Aug. 2005

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Thanks for sharing them Dennis , something I'll never get to see , well done you .
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
designeraccd

Re: BB-64, Aug. 2005

Unread post by designeraccd »

Thanks, here are a few more on board this big beauty! :) DFO
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Ship, other Photographs and Videos”