German Navy Today

Add your posts about the German Navy in this section
Brian James

Re: German Navy Today

Unread post by Brian James »

The Republic of Singapore Navy Multi Purpose Stealth Frigate RSS Formidable rendezvoused with German Navy’s Brandenburg Class Frigate FGS Bayern for a passage exercise (PASSEX) on January 11th 2022.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

German Armed Forces conduct first operational tests of high-energy laser weapon against drones

It was a big step in the direction of fully operational laser weapons. For the time ever, the German Armed Forces fired a shipboard laser weapon. On August 30th 2022, the German frigate Sachsen successfully engaged drones at short and very short range in the Baltic Sea near Putlos Major Training Area. The laser weapon demonstrator was developed by the High-Energy Laser Naval Demonstrator working committee (“ARGE”), consisting of MBDA Deutschland GmbH and Rheinmetall Waffe Munition GmbH.

Continues at - https://www.rheinmetall.com/en/rheinmet ... _35584.php
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

THE PRIDE OF THE GERMAN NAVY: Frigate Hessen - Combat Drill in the Atlantic

See - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNSMjDqb_t8

Link from Tim.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

The FGS Sachsen Anhalt (F224) Baden-Württemberg-class frigate of the German Navy outbound and inbound to port. The warship was operating out of His Majesty's Naval Base Devonport during a few weeks of Fleet Operational Sea Training (FOST) provided by the Royal Navy.

See - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLmE_25en2g

Link from Tim.
Brian James

Brandenburg Class Frigate FGS Mecklenburg-Vorpommern pictured at Bergen, Norway on February 17th 2023.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Brian James

Under the command of Corvette Captain Oliver Brux, Type 212A Submarine U-35 is pictured returning from the Mediterranean to Eckernförde after a 4-month deployment as part of Operation 'Irini'. Operation 'Irini' is the monitoring and implementation of the UN arms embargo in the Mediterranean.
Brian James

Brandenburg Class Frigate FGS Mecklenburg-Vorpommern pictured off the West coast of Norway in March 2023.
Brian James

The day prior to her commissioning, K130 Batch II Class, Guided Missile Corvette FGS Emden pictured at the fitting out quay, Blohm & Voss Shipyards at Hamburg on May 3rd 2023.
Brian James

Brandenburg Class Frigate FGS Schleswig-Holstein pictured in dry dock in 2023.
Brian James

Braunschweig Class Corvettes FGS Emden (F266) and FGS Koln (F265) pictured fitting out at Blohm & Voss Shipyards, Hamburg on June 20th 2023.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “German Navy”