Portuguese Navy

Add your posts about Other Navies, not already listed, here
Brian James

Portuguese Navy

Unread post by Brian James »

Portuguese Navy Stanflex 300/Flyvefisken Class Patrol Vessel NRP Tejo pictured at Gallipoli.
The Flyvefisken ships were constructed using an innovative modular design known as StanFlex: they have a standard hull in which containerised weapons or systems can be placed. This allows them to rapidly change roles, typically in 48 hours. This enables the ships to be configured to perform the following roles:
Surveillance/pollution control
Combat
Mine countermeasures/Minehunter (MCM)
Minelayer
The containers measure 11.5 ft × 9.8 ft × 8.2 ft. One container is situated on the foredeck; the other three go on the quarterdeck behind the superstructure and funnel. Furthermore the ships are built using the sandwich principle - a layer of fiberglass either side of a core of PVC cell foam. This forms the structure from keel to mast top. This building method reduces maintenance costs - so much so that 20 years later the new Diana and Holm Class have been built using the same materials
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Brian James

Re: Portuguese Navy

Naval Rocha Shipyard at Lisbon,located on the North bank of the Tagus River.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ivorthediver

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Having spent a while in Portugal over the last Ten years and never seeing a Portuguese Naval craft I was surprised to learn how many craft they actually have .

I note that they currently total 37 Naval craft [ including auxiliary ships ] and noted the fact that they had 2 Tridente Class Submarines ,5 Frigates ,12 patrol boats ,1 River patrol boat , and 4 Tejo class coastal patrol boats ,1 oiler ,2 survey vessels ,and three training ships .

also the recent visit of there Frigate NRP Dom Francisco De Almeida F334 on "You tube" which made me look further into it .
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
Brian James

Portuguese Navy,Baptista de Andrade Class Corvette NRP João Roby.
Brian James

Vasco de Gama Class Frigate (MEKO 200 variant), NRP Corte-Real pictured in 2022.
Brian James

Portuguese Protected Cruiser NRP Rainha Dona Amélia pictured c 1902...In 1910, after the establishment of the Republic, in which the Cruiser had a prominent role in the various revolutionary movements, her name was changed to NRP República, on August 6th 1915 she ran aground near Consolação south of Peniche.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Portuguese Navy and Marinha PT will sign contract for construction of new Multifunctional Naval Platform (PNM) today.

Intended to operate fixed and rotary-winged UAVs, in addition to USVs, and UUVs.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Brian James

João Coutinho Class Corvette NRP António Enes.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Work starts on Portuguese navy helicopter/UAV-carrier vessel

Damen Shipyards has begun work on a new multi-role maritime platform that will enable the Portuguese navy to conduct tasks including the operation of embarked helicopters and unmanned air vehicles (UAVs).

The subject of a contract announced last November, Lisbon’s future addition is a 107m (350ft)-long vessel with a 94m-long flightdeck and 650sq m (7,000sq ft) cargo deck.

Portugal’s new vessel will have a 94m-long flightdeck for helicopter and UAV operations

“It is a solution for the increasing use of drone technology in combat and surveillance,” the shipbuilder says. A stern-mounted ramp also will enable the deployment and recovery of unmanned surface and underwater vehicles.

Jointly developed by Damen and the Portuguese navy, the ship also is intended to perform tasks such as naval and amphibious support, search and rescue, and humanitarian relief.

Continues at - https://www.flightglobal.com/defence/wo ... 98.article - LFT
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Navies”