designeraccd

Introduce yourself!
designeraccd

designeraccd

Unread post by designeraccd »

Thanks to our swabbee (Don Boyer) for alerting me to this new Forum. I'm looking forward to once again chatting about ships and things Naval; especially now that I retired myself :lol:

Meanwhile I will continue to read, scratchbuild my little ship models, and ride my motorcycles when I can. Rough life!! Of course, in a few months I'll break out my snow blower and keep the driveway clean. ;) DFO
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Little h

Re: designeraccd

Unread post by Little h »

designeraccd wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:49 pm
Meanwhile I will continue to read, scratchbuild my little ship models, and ride my motorcycles when I can. Rough life!! Of course, in a few months I'll break out my snow blower and keep the driveway clean. ;) DFO
Keep on biking DFO! Here is a photo of by penultimate bike back in late 1970's Honda 400Four that we rode two up all around Scotland on holiday.

The repairs are being made to my son's first bike a 'fizzy' Yamaha FS1E and the cloths under mye HONDA 400Four relate to that repair not the HONDA.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Little h
designeraccd

Unread post by designeraccd »

Hi, I had one of those lil 4banger beauties! Mine was a blue, '75.......enjoyed revving her, playing Mike the Bike on IoM!! Neat lil bike; wish I had her now as lighter is better given the butchered left hip replacement I get to live with everyday; no extra charge for the constant PAIN.

Have you had or do you have any other bikes?? I'm down to 3 licensed bikes + 11 others. My '91 Honda VFR 750F is my favorite out of the 69 bikes I've owned. Unfortunately, thanks to botched hip she is hard to ride, or rather shift. Today I managed to ride my '07 Suzook DR 650 "semi-moto" 45 miles; farthest I've managed on one ride this Summer. Used to ride 100-250 miles in a day on weekends :cry:

Really nice to have this nu Forum!! Stay in touch!!

The SR 400 Yamaha is "eye candy", 35th Anniv. bike sitting in my former office. Now my "ship yard"!! DFO
Little h

Unread post by Little h »

designeraccd wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:31 am Hi, I had one of those lil 4banger beauties! Mine was a blue, '75.......enjoyed revving her, playing Mike the Bike on IoM!! Neat lil bike; wish I had her now as lighter is better given the butchered left hip replacement I get to live with everyday; no extra charge for the constant PAIN.

Have you had or do you have any other bikes?? I'm down to 3 licensed bikes + 11 others. My '91 Honda VFR 750F is my favorite out of the 69 bikes I've owned. Unfortunately, thanks to botched hip she is hard to ride, or rather shift. Today I managed to ride my '07 Suzook DR 650 "semi-moto" 45 miles; farthest I've managed on one ride this Summer. Used to ride 100-250 miles in a day on weekends :cry:

Really nice to have this nu Forum!! Stay in touch!!

The SR 400 Yamaha is "eye candy", 35th Anniv. bike sitting in my former office. Now my "ship yard"!! DFO
No bikes these days - in fact not for a long time; however did own a number of bikes all in succession - started off with a Honda CB200 twin (red), then a Honda CB250 twin (gold), followed by a Honda CB360 twin (green). A eventual change to the four cylinders with the Honda CB400Four (red) that was succeded by a CX500 V twin engine (pushrod operated OHV, 4 valves per cylinder), 5 speed, shaft drive, watercooled touring machine (red). Big lapse in time until the early 00's and took to riding a Honda Lead 101cc scooter for three years or so.

Always wanted a Honda CX650 V twin turbo ... but sadly it wasn't to be :( or a Honda GL500 Silverwing would have been nice!!

Your SR 400 Yamaha is a fine looking 'thumper'!!
Little h
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Introductions”