High Seas Fleet

Add your posts about the German Navy in this section
Brian James

High Seas Fleet

Unread post by Brian James »

Squadrons I and II of the High Seas Fleet pictured at Kiel in 1914.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Brian James

Re: High Seas Fleet

Lead Ship,Dreadnought Battleship SMS Kaiser pictured c1913.
Kaiser was built by the Imperial Dockyard at Kiel, launched on March 22nd 1911 and commissioned on August 1st 1912. She was equipped with ten 12.0 in guns in five twin turrets, and had a top speed of 23.4 knots. Kaiser was assigned to III Battle Squadron of the High Seas Fleet for the majority of World War I.
In 1913, Kaiser and her sister SMS König Albert conducted a cruise to South America and South Africa.She participated in most of the major fleet operations during the war. She fought at the Battle of Jutland on 31 May – 1 June 1916, during which she was hit twice and suffered negligible damage. She was also present during Operation Albion in the Baltic Sea in September and October 1917, and at the Second Battle of Heligoland Bight in November 1917.
During peace negotiations after the end of the war in 1918, she was interned with other ships of the High Seas Fleet at Scapa Flow. On June 21st 1919 the commander of the interned fleet, Rear Admiral Ludwig von Reuter, ordered the fleet to be scuttled to ensure that the British would not be able to seize the ships. The wreck was raised in 1929 and broken up at Rosyth in 1930.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Brian James

Helgoland Class Dreadnought Battleship SMS Ostfriesland pictured with the converted North German Line Steam Ship, Hospital Ship SS Sierra Ventana c1914.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
designeraccd

Unread post by designeraccd »

Such a deal! Always wanted a dreadnought, but alas...it won't fit in my bath tub........ :( Of course, if someone could FLOAT a loan??? DFO
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Pelican wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:22 pm Psssst - wanna buy a battleship - https://www.scotsman.com/news/environme ... -1-4948943
Dont miss this bargain on eBay - yours for just £250K, a genuine battleship.
Or for the less budget-concious, a whole fleet including 3 battleships and a light cruiser - yours for just £810K.
Note: "has been previously used” and may not be in original condition.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw ... GKTAHi6Tac
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
designeraccd

From 1915-16.......3 OSTFRIESLAND class BBs with torpedo boat S 7....... :) Also, a close up of OSTFRIESLAND and a low bow view.
This class, like the previous NASSAU's retained triple expansion engines rather than those new fangled turbines!! :o DFO
designeraccd

Two views of Scapa Flow, one from long ago................ :D (pretty good, huh??) ;) DFO
Brian James

Pre-Dreadnoughts and Cruisers of the German High Seas Fleet pictured entering Oslo in 1901.
designeraccd

More pre-dreadnought HSF maneuvers................ ;) DFO
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “German Navy”