Comms Course Members

Post anything relating to Communications on this thread
Pelican

Comms Course Members

Unread post by Pelican »

Phil Worthington‎ to H.M.S. Ganges
85 years young on 24th April. Joined HMS Ganges 2nd May 1950. First photo of me serving on the FE Station, my first ship, HMS BELFAST, 1951-2. second, photo taken of (SD)(C )'s on their "Comms Acquaint" course, 1965 at HMS MERCURY. Back Row: (Not sure who the CRS was). S/Lts Webber, Fields, Gerry (Aus), unknown, Hedley; Front Row; Worthington, Snow, (Lt Cdr Appleyard-List, Course Officer), Emmett, Cahill.
The 3rd photo is of me today.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Re: Comms Course Members

Unread post by Pelican »

John Findlay - This is my passing out photo. T17 class Hms Mercury. 02/04/80. FCCY Charlie Madden and CY Tim Nute(RIP).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

L.R.O.s course Mercury 1985
Little h

Unread post by Little h »

Pelican wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 8:36 pm L.R.O.s course Mercury 1985
Q. if all in the class are either RO1's or A/LRO's they must have already completed the LRO Qualifying course.

By the way I knew A/LRO Blindell when he was a young lad - his dad and I were in the (S) branch together.
Little h
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Little h wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 9:06 pm
Pelican wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 8:36 pm L.R.O.s course Mercury 1985
Q. if all in the class are either RO1's or A/LRO's they must have already completed the LRO Qualifying course.

By the way I knew A/LRO Blindell when he was a young lad - his dad and I were in the (S) branch together.
I did wonder Harry but its a small world, Geoff posted the course photos along with:
Geoff Blindell - Respect remember you from our killicks course 85 John seems a longtime ago now!! [John refers to John Foster in the pdf]
Ian Brickley - Geoff Blindell when was your killicks course mate mine was 85 as well
Geoff Blindell - Ian Brickley 4/85??? Whatever that means mate?!
Ian Brickley - Geoff Blindell Haha cant remember mine mate will have to zrj
[Mind you whilst in Loch Alvie up the Gulf in 55-56 our PO Tel insisted on spending all his time in the w/t office which had a.c. He ended up with double pneumonia and was sent home to UK. Skipper sent for us 2 senior Tels and asked if we could cope without a replacement. Yes. Made up to Acting Ldg Tels with Killick Tel's pay and were confirmed upon return to the UK. Only problem was someone mucked up and initially used 'Admiralty appointed' which had to be undone and redone under the appropriate AFO. Took 3 months of exchange signals to get it sorted.]
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Tim Hunt ‎Royal Navy (Radio Operators)
Ok folks - here is an old photo I found in my loft today - dated on the back 23-Nov-78.
I am top row - 2nd from right. Anyone put names to the rest of this motley gang? Wonder where they are now.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

From Simon Tylor - RN Silver Jubilee Display Team 1977 - All Volunteers from Mercury
No other info, perhaps someone recognises the place and large badge that they are wearing?
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Pelican wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:07 pm From Simon Tylor - RN Silver Jubilee Display Team 1977 - All Volunteers from Mercury
No other info, perhaps someone recognises the place and large badge that they are wearing?
Richard Mash receiving the Jubilee medal for the Display Team, evidently 2 were given to the team?
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

GANGES - 6th October, 1959, by Malcolm McLennan, Rodney Div., 12 Mess, all Communicators.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Ganges 1960 - 262 Class Barber
Re these 2 photos: Does anyone know who 'Barber' is or can you add any info or names please?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Communications”