HMS Juffair - Bahrain Naval Base

Use this section for Naval Shore Bases overseas
ivorthediver

HMS Juffair - Bahrain Naval Base

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Does this now qualify for further base information , now that HMS Montrose is based there or am I missing something here :?
I note that RFA Cardigan Bay will accompany her along with unspecified mine countermeasure vessels :?:
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
Little h

Re: HMS Juffair - Bahrain Naval Base

Unread post by Little h »

ivorthediver wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:01 pm Does this now qualify for further base information , now that HMS Montrose is based there or am I missing something here :?
I note that RFA Cardigan Bay will accompany her along with unspecified mine countermeasure vessels :?:
November 2015
New UK naval base HMS Juffair opens in Bahrain - YouTube

April 2018
Tour the new UK Naval Support Facility in Bahrain - YouTube

Several other short videos can be found on YouTube
Little h
ivorthediver

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Thank you Harry I stand corrected . :oops:
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
Annapolis265

Unread post by Annapolis265 »

In view of the worsening situation in the Persian Gulf area, the RN has despatched a Daring Class destroyer to operate from HMS Juffair alongside HMS Montrose.
Brian
Annapolis 265/Terra Nova
Little h

Annapolis265 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:57 pm In view of the worsening situation in the Persian Gulf area, the RN has despatched a Daring Class destroyer to operate from HMS Juffair alongside HMS Montrose.
Brian
Annapolis 265/Terra Nova
.... and two more ships; one en-route (RFA) the other to follow (Type 23)

NavyLookout on Twitter
@NavyLookout
3h3 hours ago

.@LOS_Fisher confirms

@hms_kent to deploy to Gulf in September and @RFAWaveKnight is already headed to the Gulf

Wave Knight's deployment planned for some time (emerged from refit with Phalanx and SSTDS). Suspect Kent is a more recent decision.

------------------------------------

Read also the comments
Little h
Little h

Open the following lind to read/view tweet(s) relating to some ship movements (15.7.2019)

The Brit on Twitter
@TheBrit96

@HmsBrocklesby (MMSI:234577000) departing the UK Naval Support facility in Bahrain with USNS Big Horn (MMSI:368889000).

@RFACardiganBay (MMSI:232779000) last showing alongside yesterday morning.
Little h
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

QUAY DEVELOPMENT AS BIG-SHIP JETTY OPENS FOR ROYAL NAVY SHIPS IN BAHRAIN
23 June 2020
Major Royal Navy vessels can now berth at the UK’s base in Bahrain after waterfront facilities were revamped.

Shallower draft ships such as Hunt and Sandown-class minehunters have been using the quayside at the UK Naval Support Facility in Bahrain since it opened two years ago – allowing them much easier access to engineering support and fresh supplies.

But larger Royal Navy vessels – notably Type 23 frigates and Type 45 destroyers – have either used the Flour Jetty, or the slightly more distant Finger Jetty as personnel were not sure their own quay could handle them safely.

It’s been completely refurbished with HMS Argyll – one of two Type 23s currently operating out of Bahrain, alongside her sister Montrose – christening the new facility.

Beyond easier access for frigates/destroyers to the maintenance and support facilities at the NSF, it also means crews only have to walk a short distance in punishing Gulf temperatures to the welfare facilities in the UK establishment (galley, coffee shop, gym, shop, bar and TV/games room).

[HMS Argyll with HMS Brocklesby and HMS Shoreham at the new jetty in Bahrain
UK Naval Support Facility in Bahrain. Picture: LPhot Rory Arnold - Attached]

This year we have succeeded in delivering a series of ‘firsts’ and the team should be very proud of their achievements.

Commander Andrew Ainsley, who brought HMS Argyll alongside the jetty for the first time, said it marked “a key moment” in the development of the facility as the hub of Royal Navy operations in the region.

“To be able not only to draw on the first-rate support available, but to also afford our people the creature comforts provided ashore, will allow the UK Maritime Component to enhance its operational edge in this important and demanding theatre,” he added.

“Quite apart from that, it is great to have the genuine feel of a task group as we berth next to the mine-hunters and build our team.”

Commander Suzy Conway, the support facility’s Commanding Officer added: “This year we have succeeded in delivering a series of ‘firsts’ and the team should be very proud of their achievements.

“We have seen the first Type 23 alongside the UKNSF Jetty since the facility here in Bahrain was issued a licence and gained approvals from the US to use their newly-refurbished jetty.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

2nd Photo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

1st Photo
Last edited by Pelican on Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

I uploaded all 3 photos which were ok in Preview but only one appeared in Submitted/posted version.
Am I doing anything wrong or can we only upload 1 photo per post now?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Overseas Shore Bases - Royal Navy”