Egyptian Navy

Add your posts about Other Navies, not already listed, here
Pelican

Re: Egyptian Navy

Unread post by Pelican »

Al Qadeer

Subduer makes a timely transit….
Egypt has received its third Meko A-200 multi-mission frigate from German constructors ThyssenKrupp.
The new vessel, named Al Qadeer, meaning “The Subduer” A909 will take up duties bolstering Egyptian naval presence in the Mediterranean, Suez Canal and Red Sea.
A fourth Meko unit will be completed in collaboration with ThyssenKrupp, at the Alexandria Shipyard, Egypt, where Al Qadeer will be homeported.
I was going to secure a predictably dodgy long shot, as she passed Folkestone, but instead, it started tipping down with rain the moment I got the camera out, so she disappeared from view! Instead, here's one courtesy of Wikimedia Commons.
Nige of Dover Strait Shipping - FotoFlite
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Re: Egyptian Navy

Unread post by Pelican »

Both of the Egyptian Navy's newly-acquired former British Navy support ships are in the view of new MEKO frigate AL QADEER 909, who arrived at Alexandria 31 Dec from Germany.

LUXOR 232 is former RFA FORT AUSTIN A386; ABU SIMBEL 233 the former RFA FORT ROSALIE A385
Photos ay - https://twitter.com/CavasShips/status/1 ... 8695994474
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Navies”