Queen Elizabeth Class

Building a model? Need help with it? Show the work in progress or the completed project, etc.
Pelican

Queen Elizabeth Class

Unread post by Pelican »

I am not a modeller but thought members would be interested in the following:

Q.E.

"Ken O'Brien‎:
My tribute to 2 wonderful looking ships. Started the build on Feb 21 using Balsa wood and completed it April 1. All reference material acquired from the web. Understandably with a busy schedule that she has, it was difficult to visit her. No plans or drawings, just photographs to work from. A very enjoyable build, though all the angles in the superstructure caused no end of problems."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
ivorthediver

Re: Queen Elizabeth Class

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Well AS a modeller I think its very good David , what is the scale please and does it "work" or just gather dust ;)

A very credible model indeed , and a worthy representation of her , surprised at how quickly she was built though .
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

From ‎Ken O'Brien‎

"WESTLANT19 (mini version). A bit of a job keeping up with all these 'firsts', but it had to be done. RFA Tideforce RAS with HMS Queen Elizabeth and HMS Dragon. Could'nt get Dragon beside Tideforce due to lack of room in my office, so positioned her where she is now. Scale 1:350, both Tideforce and Queen Elizabeth are scratch built using Balsa Wood. Dragon is standard Airfix kit. No plans or drawings used in the construction of these ships. All information taken from photographs on the web plus of course the ones supplied by fellow club members."
Ken's comments on each image hopefully in the correct image sequence:
"All 3 ships in one display. Wanted to have both Queen Elizabeth and Dragon either side of Tideforce carrying out RAS, but ran out of space in the office.
Tideforce, Queen Elizabeth and Dragon. Updated version created due to WESTLANT19. Outline of Prince of Wales for graphic artists licence.
Looking down on both Queen Elizabeth and Tideforce. Both ships scratch built from Balsa wood. Planes and helo's plastic accessories.
Tideforce RAS with Queen Elizabeth whilst F-35 taking off. Dragon pulling away on port side of Queen Elizabeth.
Queen Elizabeth RAS with Tideforce (both scratch built).
Both Queen Elizabeth and Tideforce scratch built from Balsa Wood. Dragon from standard Airfix kit."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

And image No. 6
"Both Queen Elizabeth and Tideforce scratch built from Balsa Wood. Dragon from standard Airfix kit."
ivorthediver

And an excellent diorama to David .....
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

ivorthediver wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:20 pm Well AS a modeller I think its very good David , what is the scale please and does it "work" or just gather dust ;)

A very credible model indeed , and a worthy representation of her , surprised at how quickly she was built though .
Humble apols Ivor, would you believe having started this thread I forgot to Bookmark it so consequentially I did not see your post until I posted the latest images. To add personal insult etc. I had forgotten about the thread when I posted the Airfix info elsewhere. I will try and repost those on here so that everything is together.
Sorry I've no idea about the scale to which you refer and I suspect that it is static.
Better late than never? :oops:
ivorthediver

Pelican wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:38 pm
ivorthediver wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:20 pm Well AS a modeller I think its very good David , what is the scale please and does it "work" or just gather dust ;)

Humble apols Ivor, would you believe having started this thread I forgot to Bookmark it so consequentially I did not see your post until I posted the latest images. To add personal insult etc. I had forgotten about the thread when I posted the Airfix info elsewhere. I will try and repost those on here so that everything is together.
Sorry I've no idea about the scale to which you refer and I suspect that it is static.
Better late than never? :oops:
Thank you for your response David , and for your interest in this quarter , sometimes you think your alone on this thread ...so again my thanks ...
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Q.E.C.

I am no longer a modeller let alone a model but am purely passing on the following info for those who may be interested:
At the British National Scale Modellers Exhibition on 9 Nov 19 Airfix had their prototype demo 1/350 scale model of R08 HMS PoW on display (as originally made about 4 years ago but now updated). 3 pics are attached below.
Some estimate cost of £100-150 and model perhaps 35 inches long.
Note the email address to respond to if interested, I understand many have.
ivorthediver

I note the Osprey has been sneaked on board ......
ivorthediver

Well if its 35" long it won't be long before a modeller installs Radio Control in it and makes it a working model ........watch this space as it won't be long I'm sure .....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Model Makers Section”