Queen Elizabeth Class

Building a model? Need help with it? Show the work in progress or the completed project, etc.
Pelican

Re: Queen Elizabeth Class

Unread post by Pelican »

ivorthediver wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:02 pm Another worthy model thou I am not familiar with this vessel it looks excellent to me David , and always pleased to see "working" rather than glass case models , please pass on my thanks for posting it .... :)
Wilco
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

ivorthediver wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:02 pm Another worthy model thou I am not familiar with this vessel it looks excellent to me David , and always pleased to see "working" rather than glass case models , please pass on my thanks for posting it .... :)
IVOR for info: "It is about 1/75 scale. I’m looking for a new sea king as well."
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
ivorthediver

Unread post by ivorthediver »

You might be lucky and find one on Ebay , certainly worth a look .
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

ivorthediver wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:03 pm You might be lucky and find one on Ebay , certainly worth a look .
Ta, passed on - https://www.ebay.co.uk/b/Sea-King-Helic ... _100725845
ivorthediver

Thanks David , a good selection of scales there , but in the past the scales I used on for instance HMS VICTORIES do not lend themselves , hence the "Kits: I wanted had a premium price as they were not readily available ......such is life :roll:
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

"Ken O'Brien
Hi everyone, just to let you know that the 1/200 model that I have been making of HMS Queen Elizabeth is at last completed and her maiden voyage was a success. Just a note - on her stern, starboard side, I have added (in anticipation) a Dragonfire Laser."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ivorthediver

Pelican wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:41 pm "Ken O'Brien
Hi everyone, just to let you know that the 1/200 model that I have been making of HMS Queen Elizabeth is at last completed and her maiden voyage was a success. Just a note - on her stern, starboard side, I have added (in anticipation) a Dragonfire Laser."
A very nice model David/Ken ... but surely this should have been posted on the " Forums Model Boat " thread :idea: .....after all thats what its there for ,......always glad for others to contribute to this thread to ..........its certainly not my preserve ;)
jbryce1437

Unread post by jbryce1437 »

ivorthediver wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:52 pm
Pelican wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:41 pm "Ken O'Brien
A very nice model David/Ken ... but surely this should have been posted on the " Forums Model Boat " thread :idea: .....after all thats what its there for ,......always glad for others to contribute to this thread to ..........its certainly not my preserve ;)
I moved the posts to the relevant section

Jim
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
JEM, EM, OEM, LOEM, POOEL
Then 28 years in the Fire Brigade
Retired since 2002
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Fair enough. My thinking was QEC is current rather than historical and the reference to Dragonfire which was supposed to be operational last year but I have not seen or heard anything about it lately.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Model Makers Section”