Ships visiting Liverpool

Got some ships photographs or videos that you want to share with others? Post them here
Little h

Ships visiting Liverpool

Unread post by Little h »

Four ships of the Standing NATO Mine Countermeasures Group One (SNMCMG1) arrived Friday for a weekend visit, so I took a trip to have a shufti look-see.

Danish Naval Frigate; HDMS Thetis F357
DSC_0312.JPG
DSC_0316.JPG

Norwegian MCMV; HNoMS Hinnoy M343
DSC_0310.JPG

(nearly obscured by the Cruise Terminal floating pontoon)

Royal Navy MCMV; HMS Cattistock M31
DSC_0412.JPG

Federal German MCMV; FGS Dillegen M1065
DSC_0417 (2).JPG

Some more detailed images to come in forthcoming posts.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Little h
Little h

Re: Ships visiting Liverpool

Forecastle to Flight Deck

DSC_0325.JPG
DSC_0333.JPG
DSC_0339.JPG
DSC_0351.JPG
DSC_0317.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Little h
Little h

Forecastle to Flight Deck (long shots - taken wide off the stbd qtr)
DSC_0320.JPG
DSC_0318.JPG
DSC_0319.JPG
Little h
Little h

Forecastle to Flight Deck (long shots - taken wide off the stbd bow/fwd of stbd beam)
DSC_0358.JPG
DSC_0359 (2).JPG
Little h
ivorthediver

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Some good shots Harry thanks for sharing them with us ..lucky sod .....did you managed to get on board to sample their pastries ;)
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
Little h

NavyLookout on Twitter
@NavyLookout
55m55 minutes ago

HMS Cattistock leaving Canning Half Tide Dock, Liverpool earlier.
D2lHU5IWwAI9oVo.jpg

#SNMCMG1 #JW191

Via @jamesohanlon49
Little h
Little h

HMS Albion on twitter
‏Verified account @hms_albion

@hms_albion arrives in Liverpool tomorrow. We will be open to the public from 1200-1600 on 28th September @RoyalNavy @CruiseLpool

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Guide Liverpool

Chester Aug, 28, 2019

HMS Albion returns to Chester for a very special event
Be part of a special event as HRH The Princess Royal and HMS Albion ship’s company visit Chester.

Chester will once again welcome the crowds in September as HRH The Princess Royal inspects the ship’s company of HMS Albion in the city’s town hall square.

Taking place on Sunday, 29 September, the day will see the company of HMS Albion exercise their Freedom of the City of Chester by marching through the streets. Their sponsor HRH The Princess Royal will take the salute before inspecting the company outside the Town Hall.

A plaque to celebrate the Town Hall’s 150th birthday will then be unveiled by the Princess Royal with the Lord Mayor of Chester before she attends a special celebration event at Chester Cathedral, hosted by the Commanding Officer of HMS Albion.

And west Cheshire residents are being offered the opportunity to take part in the special day with 100 free places available at the celebration event in Chester Cathedral.

Lord Mayor of Chester, Mark Williams, said: “HMS Albion was granted the Freedom of the City of Chester in 2003 and has always enjoyed strong links with our city.

“We’re incredibly proud to host HRH The Princess Royal to inspect the ship’s company and celebrate this relationship with what promises to be a spectacular parade, as well as commemorate the Town Hall’s 150th birthday.

“This promises to be a very special event for the city and I’d encourage people to come along to town hall square to view the parade or enter the ballot to be part of the Cathedral celebration event.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Little h
jbryce1437

Unread post by jbryce1437 »

i hope you manage to get aboard Albion during her visit Harry.

Jim
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
JEM, EM, OEM, LOEM, POOEL
Then 28 years in the Fire Brigade
Retired since 2002
Little h

jbryce1437 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:45 pm i hope you manage to get aboard Albion during her visit Harry.

Jim
Unfortunately I'm not holding out much hope of that Jim - all family members have full diary of commitments at weekends - but I may get down and take a few pictures from near the floating Cruise Terminal jetty.
Little h
jbryce1437

Unread post by jbryce1437 »

Ok Harry, I hope you get the pics and I am looking forward to seeing them.

Jim
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
JEM, EM, OEM, LOEM, POOEL
Then 28 years in the Fire Brigade
Retired since 2002
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Ship, other Photographs and Videos”