QEC Carriers

Post here about equipment carried on ships
Little h

QEC Carriers

Unread post by Little h »

QE-R08

To which current RN evolution are the two signs (one indicated within the red outline - the other within the red/blue outline) associated?
D1FKGxiWkAIbB6n.jpg

Source;
HMS Queen Elizabeth on twitter
@HMSQNLZ
11:51 AM - 7 Mar 2019

It got smoky on board tonight as we again welcomed on @Hants_fire @scas_hart and the Emergency Response Team from @BAES_Maritime for an exercise simulating a major fire and mass casualties.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Little h
Little h

Re: QEC Carriers

Hammock Rail for crew members who are seriously vertically challenged - (couldn't resist :) )

Looking through some images taken during the QEC Carriers in build; and found this one:-
webship-9 hammock rail for vertically challenged crew members Christoffer Rudquist 2.jpg

...... very low and extremely close!!! :lol:

Source wired.co.uk

------------------------------------------------------------------

Quite unlike the proper thing:-
belfast-IMG_0579.jpg
belfast-IMG_0586.jpg

Source aboutbritain.com
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Little h
ivorthediver

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Well speaking personally Harry we thoroughly enjoyed the visit to HMS BELFAST , and followed by a suitable amount of liberally applied
White Burgundy with another member of the Forum , can state that the trip to London was both educational and memorable . :D
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Q.E. Leaving Rosyth the other day.
Harry:
Q.1. What is the piece of equipment below Flyco?
Q.2. What is at the bottom of the 'pole' supported from above with 2 additional supports almost level with the 'big movements screen' ?
Seem to remember you covered this previously - possibly the aft steaming light?
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Little h

Pelican wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 9:01 pm Q.E. Leaving Rosyth the other day.
Harry:
Q.2. What is at the bottom of the 'pole' supported from above with 2 additional supports almost level with the 'big movements screen' ?
Answer to Q.2. first:-

Task lights; obstruction; restricted in ability to maneuvre; anchor; Not Under Command etc. COLREGS for the use of.
;36089965146_0b26710954_o (2).jpg
Little h
Little h

Harry:
Answer to Q.1 second:-

As I remember it, I posted comparisons an answer along with attachments showing similar lights on the Invincible class; indicating the function to be traffic lights for flightdeck 'lane' movements ... but I am looking for the/any saved info that I used in my preparation for the earlier post. If I find it I will put it on here.
Little h
Little h

Little h wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 10:24 pm
Harry:

Answer to Q.1 second:-

As I remember it, I posted comparisons an answer along with attachments showing similar lights on the Invincible class; indicating the function to be traffic lights for flightdeck 'lane' movements ... but I am looking for the/any saved info that I used in my preparation for the earlier post. If I find it I will put it on here.

As promised above; here are (some of) the photographs used previously:-

1st & 2nd; QE-R08
z DT-2- Save the Royal Navy.jpg
z DsCHC7MWwAAi5uQ.jpg

3rd; Illustrious-RO6
z HMS Illustrious(R06) flight deck with Harrier GR7 taking off 1998 wiki commons.JPEG

Note; It is my intention to place a series of posts about her navigation/tasking lights, the positioning of same, together with the purpose/function of said lights, etc. This should 'hopefully' be completed before the QE-R08 deploys for Westlant19 ... so methinks I best get to it pronto (preparation began during her protracted stay alongside at Invergordon :oops: ).
Little h
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

VMT Harry, you'll end up producing an encyclopedia on QEC or even an app whereby q is asked and a appears - a nice little earner!
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
ivorthediver

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Don't give him any ideas David , or he will be charging for the reply to questions I ask him :o
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
Little h

Pelican wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 12:50 pm VMT Harry, you'll end up producing an encyclopedia on QEC or even an app whereby q is asked and a appears - a nice little earner!
Although it sounds as a nice little earner - it's not my style David :) .... however I have found (via Google would u believe) the response I gave (complete with some images - thankfully because the hyper link broke that night) at the beginning of Oct 2018 in page 11 of RN Aircraft Carriers; Queen Elizabeth Class thread,

Scroll down to read the post:-
Re: RN Aircraft Carriers: Queen Elizabeth Class
Post by Little h » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:38 am

The posts before and after are equally interesting ;)

Note; it seems to me that posts relating to specific items of equipment (systems or parts thereof) should find a home in this thread
Little h
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Ships/Boats Equipment”