LEWIN OF GREENWICH, THE BOOK SERIALISED FOR FORUM MEMBERS

Forum Information and Background (Links to books)
timlewin

Re: LEWIN OF GREENWICH, THE BOOK SERIALISED FOR FORUM MEMBERS

Unread post by timlewin »

real life, but not as any of us remember it...……

this could be the story of 100s of fathers in the RN or other forces. They were all in it together
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ivorthediver

Unread post by ivorthediver »

AS always Tim , thank you very much for sharing these personal memories with us all .
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
timlewin

new chapter tomorrow! life goes on.....
timlewin

Here is the next, 15, chapter covering the commission at Portsmouth, HMS Victory as flagship, a visit by the Russian fleet...I remember going there for lunch once and being saddened to see 2-3 Type 15s languishing in the mud beside the road into Portsmouth. I suggest to TTL that it might be nicer to have a couple of defaulters on community service go along with a bucket of crabfat and eliminate their numbers, these were once someone's pride and joy, home and happy posting. Next time I went, this had been done!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jbryce1437

Unread post by jbryce1437 »

Many thanks Tim. Yes, it was a sad sight to see all of those old ships up the trot, so many men who served on them would have some wonderful stories to tell.

Jim
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
JEM, EM, OEM, LOEM, POOEL
Then 28 years in the Fire Brigade
Retired since 2002
timlewin

indeed, few things more depressing than an old ship past its useful life and waiting for the torch.....
ivorthediver

Thank you Tim , for Chapter 15 , and further insight of TTL who never had the privilege of meeting him personally ,both enlightening and informative . :)
timlewin

next one......
ivorthediver

Excellent reading Tim , as always , and the author is to be commended for his portrayal and handling of these chapters , informative and generous of facts that effected us all , tinged with TTL's character if I might make so bold ....a sanguine portrayal ...and the more I read the greater the impression of controlled and directed authority guided by compassion to those following in his wake . :)
jbryce1437

Unread post by jbryce1437 »

ivorthediver wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:40 am Excellent reading Tim , as always , and the author is to be commended for his portrayal and handling of these chapters , informative and generous of facts that effected us all , tinged with TTL's character if I might make so bold ....a sanguine portrayal ...and the more I read the greater the impression of controlled and directed authority guided by compassion to those following in his wake . :)
Well said Ivor.

Jim
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
JEM, EM, OEM, LOEM, POOEL
Then 28 years in the Fire Brigade
Retired since 2002
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Posts Dedicated to T.T. Lewin”