Forthcoming Events

Navy related media items
Pelican

Forthcoming Events

Unread post by Pelican »

Following for info:
Yangtse Incident Commemoration Service
I am the National Council Member for No.8 Area Royal Naval Association and the National Memorial Arboretum is situated within No. 8 Area.
I am the point of contact for the RNA Memorial Service for those involved in the ‘Yangtse Incident’ and would like to invite you and your members to the event. It will be held at the NMA on Sunday 28 July at the Yangtse Memorial. I will send further details as we firm things up but should you or your members be interested in attending I would like an idea of numbers as soon as possible to allow us to organise catering. I do not envisage there being any charge to attendees other than their own travel arrangements.
I would be grateful if you could give this the widest distribution please so that we can maximise the attendance and recognise the contribution and sacrifice of those veterans
Best regards
Peter Godwin
No. 8 Area NCM
Royal Naval Association
07747 623258
Yours Aye
Chaplain (SCC) Duncan Harris RNR
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Re: Forthcoming Events

Unread post by Pelican »

TRI-SERVICE
Overwhelming Support For The Return Of The Royal Tournament
The people have spoken and the results are in.
A return to the stage for the sailors, soldiers and airmen to display the best the British.

A return to the stage for the sailors, soldiers and airmen to display the best the British military has to give is what the overwhelming majority of our audience want.

Out of 635 responses, 97.9% of you agreed that Britain should still host a Royal Tournament in the 21st century.

Alas, Forces TV alone cannot bring back The Royal Tournament itself, but with enough public support and a petition to boot, who knows..

If it was to make a triumphant return, would you like to see it keep the same format? Which events should stay? What would we cut?

Here's a walk down memory lane, an excerpt from the opening ceremony of The Royal Tournament, 1987:

Photo and video at - https://www.forces.net/news/tri-service ... tournament
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
ivorthediver

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Would love to see it again , Karen and I last saw one in 2010 :?: and thoroughly enjoyed it , but was a bit pricey when you visited it and include hotel overnight . ;)
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

FOR THE JANNERS

With Q.E. in your area look out for RFA movements, example attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

WORLD UCKERS CHAMPIONSHIP

Well me ol' Shipwrecks', this it, I've bin' banging on and on about this WORLD UCKERS CHAMPIONSHIPS sponsored by Pusser's Rum 1100 26th October at the EXPLOSION museum Gosport, PO12 4LE. And yes, I've told you it's FREE admission you tight 'gits', and yes I've told you there is a magnificent trophy, and a special bottle of Pussers' Rum, along with two presentation 'uckers boards to be won, bottles of 'gunpowder' proof rum,(what else in an explosion museum!!) any many more rum related items to be won. We all know you talk a good game, please just get yer arses down there, it doesn't matter if yer' rusty, so long as you can throw the bloody dice, you will be paired up, unless you have a partner, and be most welcome, even if it's only to 'barrack' ya miserable sod's.
Wally Blagden
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

H.M.S. ALBION
27 September 2019
Britain’s flagship today arrived on Merseyside for a six-day visit to the North-West – reaffirming bonds with the region and especially her adopted city.

See:
https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/news-and-l ... 4d92C9gwd4
ivorthediver

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Don't forget to watch the QE ......the documentary on her though the eyes of the. " Smithsonian Channel " on Apple TV on the 13th at 9pm, and 12am on the 14th , and finally on at 7pm on 14th October .....as pointed out by David and Harry ..........
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

First look at new £20 note being released in February

The new £20 banknote featuring acclaimed artist JMW Turner has been unveiled by the Bank of England. The new polymer note, which will be issued for the first time on February 20 2020, contains sophisticated security features to thwart counterfeiters and has been hailed as ‘the most secure Bank of England banknote yet’. At the launch of the note at Turner Contemporary in Margate, Bank of England Governor Mark Carney said it would celebrate Turner and showed that ‘money can be a work of art in everyone’s pocket’. It shows the English Romantic artist’s painting the Fighting Temeraire, which was voted the nation’s favourite painting in a 2005 poll by BBC Radio 4. The piece was a tribute to the ship HMS Temeraire, which played a role in Nelson’s victory at the Battle of Trafalgar in 1805. The note also features the quote ‘Light is therefore colour’, taken from an 1818 lecture by Turner and the painter’s signature from his will. Mr Carney said: ‘Turner’s legacy endures today through his influence on art for over two centuries, to the prize that bears his name to celebrate British contemporary art, to this magnificent gallery, the Turner Contemporary.

Read more of this article at: https://metro.co.uk/2019/10/10/first-lo ... to=cbshare

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

VERNON MONUMENT UNVEILING DATE

The unveiling ceremony for the Vernon Mine Warfare & Diving Monument is planned for Wednesday 25 March 2020 at Gunwharf Quays in Portsmouth, hopefully to be conducted by a VVIP.
A guest list is being compiled in conjunction with supporting organisations including the MCDOA, MWA, AORNFCD, TCA, RANCDA and RNCDA.
Further details to follow.

Note: The contents of this post can be viewed at - https://www.facebook.com/groups/vernonm ... _tn__=CH-R
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Forthcoming Films, TV Shows, Exhibitions and Events”