Torpedo Boat Destroyers: ORP Kazsub

Add your posts about the Polish Navy in this section
Brian James

Torpedo Boat Destroyers: ORP Kazsub

Unread post by Brian James »

V105 Class Torpedo Boat Destroyer ORP Kazsub (former SMS V-108) pictured being salvaged at Gdansk.
One of the first ships of the Polish Navy recreated after Poland regained its independence in 1918. In service from 1921 to 1925. She was built in 1914 by Stettiner Maschinenbau A.G. Vulcan in Stettin, Germany (now in Poland). She was begun for a Dutch Navy order as Z-4 (along with three sister ships Z-1,Z-2,Z-3), but after the outbreak of World War I she was confiscated by Germany and commissioned as Torpedo Boat SMS V-108,taking an active part in World War I, fighting in the Baltic Sea against the Imperial Russian Navy. When the German Imperial Navy was divided among victorious powers as War Reparations,in 1919 after World War I, Poland was granted six Torpedo Boats, among them V-108. The ship, then located in Britain, was overhauled there and arrived in Poland in October, 1921, officially entering into service. Poland also received her sister ship, V-105 as well (later the Polish ORP Mazur), and four smaller Torpedo Boats.
She was sunk by a boiler explosion on July 20th,1925.The causes are unknown to this day. Three crewmen died.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Polish Navy”