Old Navy

Add your posts about the US Navy in this section
designeraccd

Old Navy

Unread post by designeraccd »

Two old pictures of USN ships: training ship BOXER, and 1916 photo showing a burst barrel on the first generation BB, MICHIGAN, 1916. The BOXER certainly was graceful!

Hopefully this will get the USN section "sailing"............ :) DFO
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ivorthediver

Re: Old Navy

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Welcome back Dennis , what took you so long its been open a couple of days now :P
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
designeraccd

Thanks, as to timing let's say a certain swabbee was remiss in passing on info in a rapid fashion!! :o

I must say I am glad that this new Forum has come about :D DFO
ivorthediver

You and me both Dennis , I thought our days of banter and friendship had been dealt a deadly blow , can't thank "Tim and Jim" [ sounds like a comedy act ]........yes you will no doubt be having words with Don :lol:
DonBoyer

Unread post by DonBoyer »

Remiss my ass, I told you as soon as I saw it and signed up myself ... :geek:
Don G. Boyer

"For a successful technology, reality has to take precedence over public relations, because nature cannot be fooled."(Richard Feynman)
designeraccd

Swabbees, always a little bit slow with the comms!! ;)

Still he did finally come thru! This will be fun again; certainly thankful to the Forum founder. :D DFO
ivorthediver

As we ALL are Dennis ........certainly saved my sanity .....always assuming it was there to start with . any more piccy's please , love the picture of Boxer , such a gracious looking vessel in my opinion
designeraccd

Now from USN pre-dreadnought days, the GEORGIA. She was 1 of the 5 unit VIRGINIA class. Note this class had the "2-story" main turrets; 8" mounted high. Of course, they were only aimed SAME direction as her 12" main guns :shock:

Finally a nice beam shot of her clanking away; coal boilers COOKING!!!.............DFO
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ivorthediver

Excellent shots Dennis , thank you, but what are those dam great gantry's on the aft starboard sides for please ,[ in picture three ] there enormous
designeraccd

Gooseneck cranes, visually similar to the kind that some German units also carried. DFO
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “United States Navy”