Submarines: Virginia Class

Add your posts about the US Navy in this section
Brian James

Submarines: Virginia Class

Unread post by Brian James »

Virginia Class Attack Submarine USS North Dakota SSN 784 pictured as she pulled into homeport at Naval Submarine Base New London last Thursday, returning from U.S. European Command (EUCOM)'s area of responsibility where she supported national security interests and maritime security operations.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pelican

Re: Submarines: Virginia Class

Unread post by Pelican »

CO of USS Indiana (Block III Virginia class SSN) gives an interesting tour of the boat to a couple of YouTubers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0StWrXoN8nI&t=3s
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

General Dynamics has received more than $1bn to build two Virginia-class nuclear submarines for the US Navy

General Dynamics Electric Boat has been awarded a contract to build two Virginia-class nuclear submarines. The deal was announced on the official website of the US Department of Defense.
Here's What We Know
The amount of the deal is $1.076 billion, which will be used to buy hull materials and key equipment for SSN 812 and SSN 813 nuclear submarines. The work under the contract will be completed by September 2033.
Virginia-class submarines are designed to meet 21st-century requirements. They can carry torpedoes and Tomahawk cruise missiles. Some submarines will receive hypersonic missiles later this decade.
Continues at - https://gagadget.com/en/weapons/251476- ... e-us-navy/ - LFT
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

US Ballistic Missile Submarine ‘Pops Up’ Near China; Gets Replenished By CH-53E Super Stallion Chopper In A Rare Event

The US Marine Corps (USMC) Expeditionary Advanced Base Operations (EABO) evolved to another level when two heavy-lift CH-53E helicopters replenished the USS Ohio ballistic missile submarine in the Philippine Sea earlier this month.
See - https://eurasiantimes.com/us-ballistic- ... hina-gets/ - LFT
Brian James

Virginia Class SSN USS South Dakota pictured on entry to Naval Submarine Base New London at Groton, Connecticut on December 12th 2023.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Brian James

Virginia Class Attack Submarine USS Colorado pictured on entry to Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam on April 17th 2024.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “United States Navy”