RN Aircraft Carriers: Queen Elizabeth Class

Add your posts about Royal Navy ships in this section
Pelican

Re: RN Aircraft Carriers: Queen Elizabeth Class

Unread post by Pelican »

R09 HMS Prince of Wales's scheduled maintenance period deferred from before the carrier had to be generated for Ex Steadfast Defender in March, continues apace alongside the PRJ Portsmouth.

Included in the activities is the refitting of the 3 Phalanx CIWS weapons as can be seen in this good pic from Steve Wenham showing the starboard forward weapon under cover.

R09 remains the UK High Readiness carrier pending the return from Rosyth soon of R08 HMS Queen Elizabeth after repair of her starboard prop shaft coupling.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Navy Lookout
Harrison Kass your article "The Royal Navy Has Wasted Billons on an Aircraft Carrier That Doesn't Work" is riddled with inaccuracies, lacks context and draws the wrong conclusions.
Recommend The NatlInterest bins this clickbait garbage.
https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/ ... ork-210863

Sir Humphrey
An interesting example of how someone with absolutely no credible or relevant experience can take a group of facts and reach an utterly wrong conclusion. The QEC is a hard working and highly effective design, despite what some would have you believe.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
ivorthediver

Unread post by ivorthediver »

I can only concur with that appraisal David , though I suspect we will be listening to many of that ilk in the forthcoming election B S heading our way :(
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

MoD seeks to replace aircraft carrier air navigation system

The Ministry of Defence has issued an early notification for a forthcoming contract opportunity to replace the Tactical Air Navigation (TACAN) and Direction Finder (DF) systems on the Queen Elizabeth Class aircraft carriers as they face “obsolescence challenges”.

The contract, valued between £8,000,000 and £10,000,000, pertains to the air defence radar industry and is open to any region.

https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/mod-see ... on-system/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Royal Navy”