F35B Airwing

Add your posts about the Naval Aircraft in this section
Pelican

Re: F35B Airwing

Unread post by Pelican »

ivorthediver wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:26 pm Here's to its successful completion , so far its been a bit like watching paint dry , but perhaps thats my anxiety to see a successful completion David , so lets pray all goes well and not major problems exist , although with all the protracted preparations that have been reported on daily this seems unlikely :?
A bit harsh Ivor bearing in mind such things as the very restricted budget, a F35B costs approx. £100m, we have had to start again from scratch re training pilots, flight deck crews, maint. crews, ATC, etc. etc. Plus rules and regs are much changed from the old days - e.g. clearance has to be obtained to operate a/c and choppers safely, hence current trials. We, RN & RAF, will not have 12 F35Bs until the end of this year with clearance for carrier operation expected by late spring 2019. All that with PoW to be completed, sea trials and FOST etc. Not to mention a possible manning problem? As someone once said "Patience dear boy." ;)
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
ivorthediver

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Fair comment David , but we have been bombarded with reports of the training programmes ALL our lads have been on ...not just pilots , which is all to the good of the service , but it seems to drag on , and on ,and on , its just as well we dont have any pressing issues to face or we would lose even more dont you think :!:
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

UPDATE ON FIRST F35B LANDINGS ETC. ON Q.E.
It appears that there has been a media blackout by the MOD up until today but there will a press release tomorrow which will contain photos and a video of what took place earlier in the week.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
designeraccd

Unread post by designeraccd »

To see the "vaunted" F-35B on a flight deck, here is the ESSEX carrying 6 as part of her loadout. Given that these things have about busted the CORPs budget...sure HOPE they are worth it... :o DFO
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ivorthediver

Unread post by ivorthediver »

And the 10 Ospreys don't help either do they mate ;)
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

designeraccd wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:54 pm To see the "vaunted" F-35B on a flight deck, here is the ESSEX carrying 6 as part of her loadout. Given that these things have about busted the CORPs budget...sure HOPE they are worth it... :o DFO
They sure are on 'active' service see - https://twitter.com/dave_brown24/status ... 62432?s=19
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Pelican wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:36 pm
designeraccd wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:54 pm To see the "vaunted" F-35B on a flight deck, here is the ESSEX carrying 6 as part of her loadout. Given that these things have about busted the CORPs budget...sure HOPE they are worth it... :o DFO
They sure are on 'active' service see - https://twitter.com/dave_brown24/status ... 62432?s=19
Also:
RAW FOOTAGE: Today, the F-35B conducted its first-ever combat strikes.
The strikes were in the U.S. Central Command area of responsibility in Afghanistan in support of Operation Freedom's Sentinel.
"The opportunity for us to be the first U.S. Navy, Marine Corps team to employ the F-35B in support of maneuver forces on the ground demonstrates one aspect of the capabilities this platform brings to the region, our allies, and our partners," said Col. Chandler Nelms, commanding officer, 13th Marine Expeditionary Unit.
(U.S. Marine Corps video by Cpl. Francisco J. Diaz Jr. and Cpl. A. J. Van Fredenberg)
https://www.facebook.com/marines/videos ... cation=ufi
designeraccd

Unread post by designeraccd »

Go CORPS!! Let's see...@ $125 million or so for each bird x 6. Wonder: how many tankers were needed, what the combat camera footage looks like? Presumably all 6 returned ok?! :) DFO

Also this: https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-f-35-figh ... 51915.html
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Exposing the truth - again. An interesting article for the less well informed like myself.
"With the RAAF’s first two operational F-35 fighters arriving in early December, long-time critics have launched a fresh wave of claims that the aircraft is a disaster.
The U.S. company that builds the JSF, Lockheed Martin Corporation, flew Australian journalists, myself included, to its plants in Fort Worth, Texas, and Orlando, Florida, to examine the project. The information I gathered through that trip, including from U.S. Air Force personnel, is helpful in understanding the actual status of the jets and the production program."
Full article - https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/the-man ... no_cache=1
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

THE FIRST 2 F35Bs HAVE NOW LANDED ON Q.E.

Second photo - Commander Nathan Gray RN FAA was the first to land on this historic occasion, with Squadron Leader Andy Edgal RAF seen landing second.
First photo - Commander Nathan Gray RN FAA is seen taking off in the first F35B Lightning from HMS Queen Elizabeth on Tuesday 25 Sept 18
Both are tweeted photos.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Aircraft and Aircraft Squadrons of the Fleets”