Introduction

Introduce yourself!
jbryce1437

Introduction

Unread post by jbryce1437 »

Pleased to be joining this great Forum and looking forward to welcoming new members. I served in the Royal Navy for eleven years and have a great interest in all maritime things.

Jim
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
JEM, EM, OEM, LOEM, POOEL
Then 28 years in the Fire Brigade
Retired since 2002
Pelican

Introduction

Unread post by Pelican »

Hello all, I joined as a Boy Sparker, did 7 & 5, all on small ships, apart from 2 drafts to Fulmar.
A big BZ to Tim and all concerned setting up this site, looking forward to using it and making a contribution.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
ivorthediver

Re: Introduction

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Well glad to back on board again .

Will now have to get back in the swim of things and sort an AVATAR out once Jim tells me how [ again]
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
jbryce1437

Hello Ivor and a warm welcome and I hope you and the tug is still afloat and you are now wealthy from all of the salvage work on the lake :D .
To add an Avatar, click on your user name at the top right corner - to the right of the Private messages icon - then click on User Control Panel.
In the screen that opens, click on the tab "Profile" and in the next screen that opens click on the tab in the left column named Edit Avatar.
Use the Upload from your machine tab and browse to the directory on your PC where you store your Avatar jpeg, bear in mind that it can be a maximum file size of 90pixels x 90pixels and no greater than 6Kb.
Hope you can follow that, if not PM me.

Jim
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
Retired since 2002
Karen

Unread post by Karen »

Hi everybody so pleased to be back on air, like with Ivor must get my dads avatar back on..
There’s Nothing A British Boy Cannot Do
limeybiker

Unread post by limeybiker »

It is a pleasure to be back among shipmates old and new, I have been suffering withdrawal symptoms, Kudos to Time for building this site.

I joined the Pusser in 1956 as a junior jack dusty nuts and bolts, did eleven then joined the RNR leaving in 1981 as CPOSA.
Ships, Ceres Weatherby, RNAS Gamecock, HMS Tracker, standing by HMS Victorious, HMS Pembroke RNB Chatham, small ships support group and East Coast of England Survey Unit, ECESU, HMS Osprey, small ships support group, HMS Rooke, Gibraltar small ships support group and HMS Grenville. HMS Tiger, HMS Victory for release. London Division RNR.
Now living in Ocala Florida and cruising out of Port Canaveral and Tampa until the funds run out or I cross the Bar.
  • Up Spirits
    It’s Tot Time
    somewhere in the World
Yours Aye
Barry and Sharon Lockyer
Sunny Ocala, FL 34476 USA
http://www.barrylockyer.com/[/b]
James b

Unread post by James b »

Hiya Shipmates , it is nice to join you all on this forum ..
I spent just 10 years [man time ] ... some of you may remember me as "Cylla " on the WNSF ...

MANY thanks for accepting me on board
James B
Raleigh..Cambridge..St Vincent ..CHICHESTER.Bellerophon {H.M.S BELFAST} ..Excellent .Pembroke...MOHAWK ..SCYLLA
R.N.H Stonehouse ..Rooke.[ARLINGHAM]...Drake..
Discharged 1st Dec 75
jbryce1437

James b wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:53 pm Hiya Shipmates , it is nice to join you all on this forum ..
I spent just 10 years [man time ] ... some of you may remember me as "Cylla " on the WNSF ...

MANY thanks for accepting me on board
James B
Hello Jim, pleased you made it here and if you know anyone else from the old gang and can contact them, you are welcome to send them an invite.

Jim
Retired since 2002
Bee

Unread post by Bee »

Hi All,
I'm back too. Thankyou for setting this site up and thankyou for inviting me. :) You may remember me as "Bee" (aka sometimes as Lady Bee in the Wardroom.) My late father, Douglas Barrow, served on Little Ships, (as a Wireless Operator) in the Aegean in WW2. I had a thread for his memories (mostly of his time aboard ML 357) and for his fellow shipmates who served in that theatre of war and on those types of vessels MGBs MLs and MTBs etc on the old WNSF site. It was great to have somewhere for people to find information about these small ships as previously I had found very little. I owe a great deal to WNSF and the wonderful moderators and contributors there, for helping with these connections and found a great naval family as well. Now that WNSF is no more?? hopefully most of you, who are able, will be transitioning here and the journey will continue.
Regards,
Bee
jbryce1437

Hello Bee and welcome aboard. The demise of WNSF was quite unexpected and caught a few of us off guard. We hope to emulate the site and make this one a good source of information, so feel free to post any information about your father here.

Jim
Retired since 2002
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Introductions”