Wardroom

Want some off topic chat? Pull up a bar stool and make yourself at home here
ivorthediver

Re: Wardroom

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Delighted to hear it David and welcome back ,speaking as one of your many post readers who do not read your oppositions post's , when you go off air I am disinclined to follow the competition's posts , so Wellcome back dear Sir .

So Sorry to hear about our dear friends illness ," Secret Squirrel " and wish him a speedy return to Good health , preferably full health , and like so many others of the old "Crew" from the previous forum delighted to hear from him :D ..

Speaking of which I had a telephone conversation with his other oppo Chief tel Dave Hutson today who sends you his regards Harry and whilst suffering with eyesight problems is in good humour along with Betty .

Whilst I knew Jim the brush's health to be an issue I have not seen any updates on him ?
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
jbryce1437

Unread post by jbryce1437 »

ivorthediver wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 7:05 pm Delighted to hear it David and welcome back ,speaking as one of your many post readers who do not read your oppositions post's , when you go off air I am disinclined to follow the competition's posts , so Wellcome back dear Sir .

So Sorry to hear about our dear friends illness ," Secret Squirrel " and wish him a speedy return to Good health , preferably full health , and like so many others of the old "Crew" from the previous forum delighted to hear from him :D ..

Speaking of which I had a telephone conversation with his other oppo Chief tel Dave Hutson today who sends you his regards Harry and whilst suffering with eyesight problems is in good humour along with Betty .

Whilst I knew Jim the brush's health to be an issue I have not seen any updates on him ?
I follow Jim the brush on Facebook and his last post there was in March. I wished him happy birthday in June but there was no response. I do hope he is keeping well.

Jim
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
JEM, EM, OEM, LOEM, POOEL
Then 28 years in the Fire Brigade
Retired since 2002
DaveH

Unread post by DaveH »

He's Back.The Ole Ch Tel is awake at last . Had a wakeup call from Deeps last nite and now I have a lot of catching up to do to find out wot you hot have been up to during my absence . My first stop has to be to my ole mate Sekrit Squirrel ... Harry my friend , so sorry to hear of all your problems and offer my and Betty's belated condolences and sadness at your latest news . This old age is a B....... we are all having to come to terms with , some f=more than others . Please remember for what it is worth that you have mates and family who are concerned for you . With that I will stop pratting on .
Now I need to catch up on the Pelican , JimB , Jim the Brush , Deeps and any of the Old Gang still around .
Then it is sort out the Shak and install this Airfrier wotsit and retire the faithful lectric frypan.
Catch yers later.

DaveH aka Ole Ch Tel ;) ;)
ivorthediver

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Good morning Ch .Tel. , what a lovely surprise , and very pleased to see you we are dear Sir .
Air fryer you say that will be welcome as we have not heard from Missy for such along time sadly ...

Karen was commenting last night about others that have fallen silent.... Alan Bennet ,.. Clive Sweetingham,.. Terry Dickens ...to recall but a few me ole mucker ?.

You will recall the passing of the Bish Antony Hathaway I'm sure , so I will move on unless any of you have any updates on our dear ship mates .....

As I said on a post yesterday about model making one of our dearest friends " Sandy " who I had the pleasure to meet at a model exhibition in Norwich , he gave me much inspiration and knowledge on how to facilitate the finishing touches often overlocked on ships models like the pussers bike , such a guy for detail and stockist of ditty box items , bless him

Doses anyone know of these members whose names I have not seen posts from for a long time now ? :-

Scutari ,Hood51, Jainso31, Assail, Old salt , Cgret, DFO, sons of Anzac, sjon, Patroclus , let me know if you have heard from any of them please
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
jbryce1437

ivorthediver wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 11:33 am Good morning Ch .Tel. , what a lovely surprise , and very pleased to see you we are dear Sir .
Air fryer you say that will be welcome as we have not heard from Missy for such along time sadly ...

Karen was commenting last night about others that have fallen silent.... Alan Bennet ,.. Clive Sweetingham,.. Terry Dickens ...to recall but a few me ole mucker ?.

You will recall the passing of the Bish Antony Hathaway I'm sure , so I will move on unless any of you have any updates on our dear ship mates .....

As I said on a post yesterday about model making one of our dearest friends " Sandy " who I had the pleasure to meet at a model exhibition in Norwich , he gave me much inspiration and knowledge on how to facilitate the finishing touches often overlocked on ships models like the pussers bike , such a guy for detail and stockist of ditty box items , bless him

Doses anyone know of these members whose names I have not seen posts from for a long time now ? :-

Scutari ,Hood51, Jainso31, Assail, Old salt , Cgret, DFO, sons of Anzac, sjon, Patroclus , let me know if you have heard from any of them please
Welcome back Ch Tel pleased that you are still able to join us.
Its a sad fact Ivor, that from the 72 pages of members, once you scroll past the fourth page of them, none of them have made any posts on the Forum.
However, I am sure that some of them look in from time to time to catch up on Naval news.

Jim
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
Retired since 2002
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Whilst on the subject I have just heard that Ivor Rothewell has Crost the Bar.
As far as I know he was one of the first Boys to return to Ganges after WW II from St. Georges and was in one of the first classes of Sparkers.
Served in Vigo in early 50s and went into Subs.
Eventually became a Lt. Cdr. (C) ending up in RAN.
Last I heard he was living in Melbourne or Adelaide.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
jbryce1437

Pelican wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 3:58 pm Whilst on the subject I have just heard that Ivor Rothewell has Crost the Bar.
As far as I know he was one of the first Boys to return to Ganges after WW II from St. Georges and was in one of the first classes of Sparkers.
Sorry to hear about Ivor Rothwell. I came across the letter about him from 2011
https://www.wiltsglosstandard.co.uk/rea ... done-ivor/

Jim
Retired since 2002
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

jbryce1437 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 4:49 pm
Pelican wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 3:58 pm Whilst on the subject I have just heard that Ivor Rothewell has Crost the Bar.
Sorry to hear about Ivor Rothwell. I came across the letter about him from 2011
https://www.wiltsglosstandard.co.uk/rea ... done-ivor/

Jim
Thanks Jim.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “The Wardroom”