Operation Prosperity Guardian - Red Sea, Bab al-Mandeb narrows and Gulf of Aden

Make your posts about Naval, together with Joint and Inter Service Execises on this thread. NATO, SEATO, etc.
Pelican

Re: Operation Prosperity Guardian - Red Sea, Bab al-Mandeb narrows and Gulf of Aden

Unread post by Pelican »

Navy Lookout
🇳🇱HNLMS Karel Doorman conducts replenishment at sea with 🇮🇹 ITS Virginio Fasan in the Gulf of Aden in support of Operation #Aspides
Video https://x.com/i/status/1793247525245268472
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Re: Operation Prosperity Guardian - Red Sea, Bab al-Mandeb narrows and Gulf of Aden

Unread post by Pelican »

U.S. Central Command

May 22 U.S. Central Command Update

At approximately 3:16 p.m. (Sanaa time) on May 22, U.S. Central Command (USCENTCOM) forces successfully engaged four uncrewed aerial systems (UAS) in an Iranian-backed Houthi controlled area of Yemen.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

U.S. Central Command
23 MAY Red Sea Update
At approximately 7:26 a.m. (Sanaa time) on May 23, Iranian-backed Houthis launched two anti-ship ballistic missiles (ASBM) into the Red Sea. There were no injuries or damage reported by U.S., coalition, or commercial ships.
This continued malign and reckless behavior by the Iranian-backed Houthis threatens regional stability and endangers the lives of mariners across the Red Sea and Gulf of Aden.

U.S. Central Command
May 24 U.S. Central Command Update
At approximately 8:10 p.m. (Sanaa time) on May 23, U.S. Central Command (USCENTCOM) forces successfully engaged one land attack cruise missile (LACM) in an Iranian-backed Houthi-controlled area of Yemen.
It was determined the LACM presented an imminent threat to U.S., coalition forces, and merchant vessels in the region. These actions are taken to protect freedom of navigation and make international waters safer and more secure for U.S., coalition, and merchant vessels.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Navy Lookout
HMSDuncan sailed from Portsmouth yesterday. She will relieve HMS Diamond on operation Prosperity Guardian in the Red Sea protecting merchant shipping from Houthi attacks.
See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFVi8Etw1vA

HMS Diamond has been away since 22nd November 2023.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

U.S. Central Command
25 May Red Sea Update
At approximately 3:50 a.m. (Sanaa time) on May 25, Iranian-backed Houthis launched two anti-ship ballistic missiles (ASBM) toward the Red Sea.

U.S. Central Command
26 May Red Sea Update
At approximately 10 a.m. (Sanaa time) on May 26, U.S. Central Command (USCENTCOM) forces successfully destroyed one uncrewed aerial system (UAS) over the Red Sea, launched from an Iranian-backed Houthi controlled area of Yemen.

U.S. Central Command
27 May Red Sea Update
At approximately 4 a.m. (Sanaa time) on May 27, U.S. Central Command (USCENTCOM) forces successfully destroyed one uncrewed aerial system (UAS) over the Red Sea, launched from an Iranian-backed Houthi controlled area of Yemen.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Navy Lookout
@UK_MTO reports Greek Bulk carrier MV Laax hit in two separate attacks by Houthis in Red Sea today.
Llisting and taking on water, with one crew member suffering a head injury but ship proceeding to next port of call.
https://www.tradewindsnews.com/casualti ... -1-1651441
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

UK Importers are already booking containers for delivery of Christmas goods and have stated retail prices will be higher.

Why? https://www.xeneta.com/blog/what-is-beh ... 202%20521).
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Navy Lookout
French frigate FS Forbin provided support to MV Laax after the bulk carrier was hit by Houthi anti-ship ballistic missiles in the Red Sea yesterday.
A French and Italian boarding team inspected the vessel and provided assistance.

[More to come on this incident]

OSINTdefender
Images released by the French Armed Forces show the Serious Damage sustained by the Marshall Islands-Flagged and Greek-Owned Cargo Ship, M/V Laax after it was Struck yesterday in the Southern Red Sea by at least 3 Houthi Anti-Ship Ballistic Missiles. Most of the Damage appears to have been to the Ship’s Cargo Hold, which was filled with Grain.

Sal Mercogliano
This picture shows two holes in the port side with grain spilling out. It was taken before she suffered the hit to one of the aft hatches.
Grain can be seen in the wake off the port side.
Water and grain are not a great combination, hence the list.

Translated from French by Google
After the attack on the cargo ship Laax, a mine clearance team from @FFDJ_Officiel intervened this morning on board the cargo ship Laax to guarantee the safety of the crew.
France's permanent action in the area contributes to maritime security, freedom of navigation and aims to enforce international law.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

British jets bomb Houthi rebels in yemen

On Thursday, 30 May, British jets participated in a joint operation with US forces against Houthi military facilities.

The aim of the strikes was to degrade their ability to persist with their attacks on international shipping in the Red Sea and Gulf of Aden, which have thus far killed innocent merchant mariners from Vietnam and the Philippines, damaged several merchant ships, and sunk the bulk carrier Rubymar.

The Ministry of Deefnce said: https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/british ... -in-yemen/

Also https://www.gov.uk/government/news/stat ... 0-may-2024
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

U.S. Central Command
MAY 28 Red Sea Update
Between 12:05 p.m. and 1:40 p.m. (Sanaa time) May 28, Iranian-backed Houthis launched five anti-ship ballistic missiles (ASBM) from Houthi-controlled areas of Yemen into the Red Sea. M/V Laax, a Marshall Island flagged, Greek owned and operated bulk carrier, reported being struck by three of the missiles, but continued its voyage. There were no injuries reported by U.S., coalition, or merchant vessels.
Separately, between 10:04 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. (Sanaa time), U.S. Central Command (USCENTCOM) forces successfully destroyed five uncrewed aerial systems (UAS) over the Red Sea, launched from an Iranian-backed Houthi-controlled area of Yemen.

IU.S. Central Command
At approximately 8:40 p.m. (Sanaa time) May 28, U.S. Central Command (USCENTCOM) forces successfully destroyed two missile launchers in an Iranian-backed Houthi-controlled area of Yemen.
Separately, at approximately 11:30 p.m. (Sanaa time) on May 28, Iranian-backed Houthis launched two anti-ship ballistic missiles (ASBM) from Houthi-controlled areas of Yemen into the Red Sea. There were no injuries or damage reported by U.S., coalition, or commercial ships.
The following day, between 1:26 and 1:38 a.m. (Sanaa time) on May 29, USCENTCOM forces successfully destroyed two uncrewed aerial systems (UAS) over the Red Sea launched from an Iranian-backed Houthi controlled area of Yemen.

U.S. Central Command
May 30 U.S. Central Command Update
Between approximately 3:15 and 5 p.m. (Sanaa time) on May 30, U.S. Central Command (USCENTCOM) forces successfully destroyed eight uncrewed aerial vehicles (UAV) in Iranian-backed Houthi controlled areas of Yemen and over the Red Sea.
Additionally, USCENTCOM forces alongside UK Armed Forces conducted strikes against 13 Houthi targets in Iranian-backed Houthi terrorist-controlled areas of Yemen in self-defense.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “International Developments and Joint Service Exercises”