NATO - The Ukraine

Make your posts about Naval, together with Joint and Inter Service Execises on this thread. NATO, SEATO, etc.
Pelican

Re: NATO - The Ukraine

Unread post by Pelican »

UK confirms no plans to send laser weapon to Ukraine
During a recent parliamentary session, questions were raised concerning the specifics of the UK’s military aid to Ukraine.
https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/uk-conf ... o-ukraine/

UK aid to Ukraine excludes further Challenger tanks
In a recent session at the House of Commons, John Martin McDonnell, the Labour MP for Hayes and Harlington, sought clarity on the contents of the UK’s latest military aid package to Ukraine.
https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/uk-aid- ... ger-tanks/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Sir Humphrey quoted:
Meanwhile, Oryx registers a total of 3,000 Russian tanks lost in Ukraine.
All cases confirmed and visually verified.
Three. Thousand. Tanks. The year is 2024.
So, please remind me who among today's self-proclaimed Ukraine-is-doomed experts could even imagine, let alone predict this in February 2022?
https://oryxspioenkop.com/2022/02/attac ... pment.html
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

greendragon

Unread post by greendragon »

Poland is gaining strength.
Couple of info from one of the NATO members namely Poland in straight link to the situation in Ukraine.
Good old times are gone, I mean when EU/West was on friendly attitude path towards Russia i.e. investing, patting Putin in numerous international panels and organizations and keeping blind eyes on their nasty behavior.
As for the Germans it was also because Russia was selling to them gas and Oil half price thus making them richer and a leader in economics in W Europe.
One may easily compare with the pre-WW2 time when up to the end leaders like the UK and France were attempting to keep Hitler in bay with negotiations and last but not least an ugly smell of isolationism going from the USofA.

Anyway, the latest events show that Poland with its unfortunate geo-political position of being a corridor between West to East is tightening relations with the UK (and also other important countries like France and Germany) , see the recent visit of the UK PM to Poland, has announced yesterday in the words of the PL PM Tusk that there would be "NO LIMITS" on defence spending and everything needed for the servicemen/women as in general for safety of the country will be provided.
Mr Tusk and the coalition of parties which won the latest parliamentary voting against the semi dictatorship populists , crypto Russain supporters and Polexit followers has shown a clear desire to oppose the Russians. In times before Russian aggression on Ukraine he followed strictly Mrs Merkel of Germany in the policy of patting the Russians and attempting to make them a civilized democratic country which has failed as we know.
Reluctantly today the continental leaders has agreed that "we should have been listening to Poland" as for the possible Russian policy towards their neighbors and the world order in general terms.
Many years ago I was watching Mrs Ursula von der Leyen then the Minister of Defence of Germany being interviewed by this BBC TV presenter (famous, controversial dude, later fired) . The Presenter showed her literally no mercy repeating a dozen of times why Germany was not funding properly their defence and she showed the same stubbornness in not responding the question.
Anyway old sins forgiven and forgotten because she seems to the leader of the anti-Russia/Putin front.

Lets keep the fingers crossed for Ukraine and hope all the big words of support and encouraging from its supporters will be materialized in sufficient supply of arms.

gd
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

"Poland is gaining strenghth"

Poland’s First F-35A takes shape
The first F-35A Lightning II destined for the Polish Air Force has achieved a crucial milestone as it now stands with weight on wheels at Lockheed Martin’s assembly plant in Fort Worth, Texas.
This development marks a significant step in the aircraft’s progression down the production line.
https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/polands ... kes-shape/
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “International Developments and Joint Service Exercises”