RN Destroyers: Type 45 Daring Class

Add your posts about Royal Navy ships in this section
Pelican

Re: RN Destroyers: Type 45 Daring Class

Unread post by Pelican »

Pelican wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 10:16 pm Navy Lookout
Confirmed:
HMS Duncan departs from Portsmouth tomorrow afternoon for approx 6-month deployment.
She will relieve hms diamond protecting merchant shipping from Houthi attacks in the Red Sea.
Navy Lookout
Apologies - was given wrong information.
HMS Duncan is not sailing on 6-month deployment today.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

HMS Duncan sails this afternoon for the first time since last year.
RN says she is not deploying to Red Sea, at least for now.

[Note the 'addition' in attached which was in the previous photo. Wonder if there is another one on the port side?]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Pelican wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 1:20 pm HMS Duncan sails this afternoon for the first time since last year.
RN says she is not deploying to Red Sea, at least for now.

[Note the 'addition' in attached which was in the previous photo. Wonder if there is another one on the port side?]
Here is the answer:

British Armed Forces News
HMS Duncan has departed Portsmouth to begin a period of post-maintenance activities following a refit before heading to the Middle East to relieve HMS Diamond which is deployed to protect merchant vessels from Houthi attacks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Current status of Type 45 Destroyers revealed

In a recent written question to the Secretary of State for Defence, Mark Francois MP sought clarity on the operational status of the Royal Navy’s Type 45 destroyers.
The inquiry, addressed by James Cartlidge MP, Minister of State for the Ministry of Defence, provided detailed information on the availability and maintenance of these critical naval assets.

Mark Francois MP, representing Rayleigh and Wickford, posed the question:

“To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, how many Type 45 destroyers are (a) operationally available, (b) in refit, and (c) undergoing the power improvement project upgrade programme.”

In response, James Cartlidge disclosed the current status of the fleet: https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/current ... -revealed/
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Navy Lookout
HMS Dauntless taken out of number 15 dry dock in Portsmouth today following hull certification.
She will undergo further capability insertion work (Naval Strike Missile?) before returning to sea later this year.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Navy Lookout
Procedure alpha - HMS Duncan sails on deployment this afternoon.
[This was yesterday. Destination Red Sea - Diamond's relief.]
https://x.com/i/status/1795114395615346697
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

HMS Duncan to protect vital shipping routes from Houthi attacks

Royal Navy warship HMS Duncan has deployed from Portsmouth today to protect vital trade routes from attacks by Iranian-backed Houthi rebels in the Red Sea and Gulf of Aden.

The Type 45 destroyer is set to relieve sister ship HMS Diamond, which has been performing the same task since before Christmas and has successfully shot down nine drones and one missile launched by Houthis from the coast of Yemen at cargo ships.

Duncan is a like-for-like replacement for Diamond – armed with the same potent Sea Viper missile system and equipped with the same powerful radar systems able to detect faraway threats with immense accuracy.

The 200 men and women of HMS Duncan have worked tirelessly to ensure their ship is ready to deploy, successfully completing trials and training last week in preparation for an intensive spell on operations, which will see the ship work to ensure freedom of navigation, and make international waters safer and more secure for merchant vessels.

Continues https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/news-and-l ... ncan-sails
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Royal Navy seizes £15m of drugs in the Indian Ocean

Royal Navy warship HMS Diamond has seized £15 million of illegal drugs as she struck against traffickers in the Indian Ocean.

A large haul of hashish was found by the destroyer’s sailors and Royal Marines – 2.4 tonnes of illicit narcotics which have now been destroyed.

https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/news-and-l ... dian-ocean
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Navy Lookout
HMS Duncan is conducting pre-deployment FOST supported training with HMS Iron Duke and HNLMS De Ruyter off Plymouth yesterday prior to deploying to the Red Sea.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Navy Lookout
HMS Duncan arriving in Gibraltar this morning on her way to the Red Sea.
Now alongside at the fuel jetty.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Royal Navy”